Comet (RIP)

Can a dog get skinny if he hasn't been neutered?

I heard that they can but I'm no expert. Reason I'm asking is because my dog got skinny and we took him to the vet and they didn't find anything. Then I heard that neuterd dogs get fat and that unneutered dogs can get skinny but that its only temporary. My other dog is neutered and shes kind of chunky. So I'm just wondering if that's just a coincidence or if the neutered thing is true.

Asked by Comet (RIP) on Jul 18th 2012 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

There's a grain of truth to it--I think it slows down the metabolism. But this is easily remedied by feeding less. So it's kind of hyped up.

Did the vet check him for worms?

Starbutt

I had both nueter and un nuetered and they stayed the same weight now I have a female theat is spayed and she has gained weight but she is more mature and when she was young she was thin till she had pups afterthen I spayed her so no more pups I thhink it is a old wives tail a fallicy that they get fat or stay sinny if that was true all iun fixed dogs would be thin and they are not I think it depends on the breed if mixed or not and how much you feed them.

Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 8/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer