Burps with heartworm prevention

My recent adopted dog burps throughout the day. Seems burps more after eats. Perhaps, twice within 5min after food. little less during a day but still here and there.
She is having Heartworm treatment right now. Had her shots 1 week ago for her mild stage of heartworm.
Also, slighty seems a bit larger on the left side of chest where ribs are.
Otherwise, she eats well. Acting okay. Just timid and scared trying to get used to us.
Does anyone know anything about burps?
I know coughs will be little bad thing to have and I dont think it is a cough. Hope its not.
Appreciated your guidance.
Romi

Asked by Member 838881 on May 31st 2009 Tagged heartwormcoughburplargechestribs in Heartworm Control

Answers

Slowing down it eating may help. There are not one, but 2 easy, tested, effective ways to control rapid eating. You can spread the food out on a cookie sheet or something. Some of my friends just throw it on the floor of the crate. You can put large rocks in the food dish, much to big to swallow. Either way, the dog can't gulp down one big mouthful after another.

I would work at slowing down the eating and waiting for the heartworm treatment to wear off. If it is still a problem you want to fix, the vet should be able to do more. My friend's dog has to have a powder added to its food to control burping.

Bridget aka Bad Pants, Ruby Ru

break her normal meal down in to small ones during the day.

Bridget aka Bad Pants, Ruby Ru answered on 6/1/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer