brother and sister if mated will the puppies be deformed

Asked by Member 941029 on Jan 25th 2010 Tagged matingbrotherandsister in Pregnancy

Answers

Maybe, maybe not... either way this is a horrible idea.

You can mate mother and son or father and daughter, but brother and sister is too close. I wouldn't do it

I had a dog who mated with his mother and she ended up burying the pups in a hole. You really shouldnt.

I actually wouldn't mate a parent to child. Bad idea.
Leave breeding up to the experts. Spay and neuter please.

www.woodhavenlabs.com

www.woodhavenlabs.com

hubpages.com

Excuse me, but why is breeding a father to his daughter or a mother to her son any closer than breeding a brother to his sister???? ALL of those breedings are way, way too close and are an excellent way to find out all the bad recessive genes lurking in the dogs being bred! No way would any reputable breeder ever attempt breeding anything that close!

Sasha

I can't say for really sure, but my son let his two mate, brother and sister and they have a terrible blood disease. The vet says it is because they were inbred, that you are not suppose to do it. The blood disease is in-curable. So, I guess it is probably not a good idea.

Sasha answered on 1/25/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Quite possibly & they could very likely double up on bad genes that cause diseases also.

they can mate, but it does nto mean they will be deformed, but there is a good chance of health diseases being doubled since the puppies would have problems of the same kind coming from both parents and make it twice as bad.

There are scientists studying the breeding of kin to each other with dogs. They are finding that the close breeding may be responsible for some of the major diseases that run in breeds of dogs. The reason is the gene pool is too small. There is a controversy right now dealing with that very issue which includes the AKC. It has been on the news. Whether or not it is found to be true, why would you take the chance and breed brother & sister and have a high chance of the puppies having problems.