Miley

breed identity question.

I took my dog to the vet (her old vet) and they told me that she is a cane corso, but I just watched an episode of It's Me Or The Dog and I saw a full grown male Presa Canario and he looked exactly like Miley does. My question is this: by looking at her pictures do you think cane corso or presa canario? I know for a fact that she is a purebred dog. Let me know what you think. Look at google.com to see pictures of both breeds if you need to. I have pictures on her page that you can see her look better.

Asked by Miley on Feb 17th 2011 Tagged canecorso, presacanario in Presa Canario

Answers

Buddy

I think she resembles a cane corso more.. the presa canario looks to tall and lean with longer legs and the muzzle doesnt look as mastiff like as hers and the cane corso.I would also add your dog looks like a cane corso but i was looking at pictures and she looks much shorter and stockier.I would say she resembles the cane corso more then the presa canario.

I hope this helped. :)

Buddy answered on 2/17/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Miley - Presa Canario

Nobody can tell by pictures. And if you get the DNA spit or blood test it will say Mastiff, which is what canes and corso are.
I would however lean towards the Presa based on your dog's shorter legs in the front. Presa's tend to have the shorter legs.
And Corso's are Italian mastiffs that have a more balanced leg in front and back.
We did alot of research and talked to a Corso breeder after finding a dog in the shelter we adopted.
I use to be in the same club as the breeder as well.
Presa's are a little different in temperment as well.

As you found out, Cane Corso's are from Italy. Presa's, on the other hand, are from Spain via the Canary Islands.
You were told by her former owners she was a Spanish Mastiff, a half-truth, but a clue to what breed she is - Presa Canario.
Perhaps, due to the negative publicity that Presa Canario's have had in the past, the owners kept it kinda quiet in order to get her into a nice home.

They come in different coats, Miley is a brown-brindle color.

Keep her breed identity to yourself. Presa's may be on the Dangerous dog list and be discriminated against by insurance companies.

She looks like a sweetheart! I watched the clip of her going out in the snow. She looked about as thrilled as I would be!

<a href="www.antoniospresacanario.com to info and some photo's....</a>

presa canario- i think- face of cane corso and of presa canario but coat of presa canario! that eaquels presa canario!