boxer puppy swallows whole bone

our 10 week old boxer puppy knocked over a plate of chicken wings and ate a bone whole! we even tried to grab them as soon as we realized it and no chewing just swallowed! she seems to be fine now 6 hours later.. but we are still worried about her.. we fed her water and bread and she is still playful.. will the bone pass?? any help is appreciated.. thank you..

Asked by Member 810812 on Mar 2nd 2009 Tagged chickenbones in Swallowing Foreign Objects

Answers

Data

I suggest you call your vet, and ask him. Then you should begin training and teach him the leave it command.

Data answered on 3/3/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

As long as she doesn't start puking and having diarrhea, she is likely fine. When Bam-Bam ate a bone that was too big too pass, the vet had me give him some bread with butter on it to help coat the bone. He ultimately puked it back up.

Bam-Bam, CGC answered on 3/3/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If he swallowed a whole bone that is long then I would be concerned. I don't know how long ago he swallowed it but a vet can take a x-ray and see where it is and if it is stuck somewhere.
I would take him to the vet asap to avoid any worse problems.