Blood in vomit/feces?

So my little long haired dachshund (Romeo) has been intermittently vomiting for about a month now (once or twice a week). It was just grass and he eats really fast so I didn't think anything of it. And then there were flecks of blood. And also in his feces. Of course I took him to the vet...and they put him on antibiotics, an antacid and nausea meds. I also put him on a bland diet of ground turkey and sweet potato and probiotics. He stopped vomiting, and there hasn't been any blood in his stool so I thought all was good(or getting better).And then he threw up foam and flecks of blood this morning. Now of course I'm gonna take him back to the vet, but they don't open again until Wednesday (Christmas time), and his energy level is totally great. He's eating and drinking normally, and playing as much as always. I just wanted to know if anyone experienced this kind of thing and what the problem ended up being? Thanks in advance!

Asked by Member 1146324 on Dec 23rd 2012 Tagged blood, vomit, feces, stomach, ulcer in Health & Wellness

Answers

Seth

I think you are doing everything you need to do. I am sorry but I have no advice, but I do want to wish you the best of luck, and I hope you find what is wrong very soon.

Seth answered on 12/26/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Your dog needs a vet ASAP. The symptoms you describe is exactly what my hyper little setter is now recouping from: Acute Pancreatitis - the blood excretes up or down from the tummy and dogs vomit to ease nausea. It's been h###. a still slow-going process.. I took her to the vet expecting a bottle of meds & diet advice. She spent 4 days on an IV, came home on a strict lowfat diet but would barely eat. Then she fell on the ice, chipped a fang, cut her lip and then couldn't eat & went from 31 lbs to 10, so weak & emaciated she nearly died. She got a no-go to live. A new "holistic" vet put her on a regime of puppy vitamins, antibiotics, chamomille tea & tums(for nausea) and baby aspirin blended w/meat & soup at 2-4 hr intervals mixed in blender, fed with a bulb-meat baster. Aspirin for her lip pain, after 50 days she ate a brat sandwich & a bowl of beef veg soup and she wagged her tail! I hope your dog is luckier - mine is doing better. I have time & patience & love. goodluck