Pepper  America

blind dalmations

I have a 10 year old Dalmation. She was diagnosed with diabetes in May 2008. She was doing fine until about 3 weeks ago when I noticed she was having trouble seeing things. I took her to the vet and she said Pepperamerica cannot see anything, She is blind. Does anyone have some advise how to help her get around without bumping into things. Thank Pepper America

Asked by Pepper America on Aug 1st 2008 in Diabetes

Answers

Hailey

Walk her around your house WHEN EVER you move ANYTHING with a leash, and make sure she can hear you. Now that she can't see she'll be listening extra hard so for water you might want to get one of the water fall ones so it's easier for her to find. Other than that she can adjust, dogs are good at that.

Hailey answered on 8/1/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

You can go to blinddogs@yahoogroups.com
There you will have to ask to join and just tell a little bit about your dog who is blind. Then you can be emailed with other peoples experiences and ask questions from others who have blind dogs. One thing though there seem to be a bunch of people who know each other and it didn't really help me much but it might help you!! Good luck, I hope this helps you and your woofie.