Rocky

best food for digestive health

I am looking for a food that will help my dogs digestive health but also good for him and not to pricey. I haven't been able to buy his other food the vet put him on hills digestive. But if there is something better and will help with his bathroom issues I would lave to know. Hes had watery soft poop almost a week and only goes 1 or 2 a day but even then its not alot, and now his stomach is acting up again

Asked by Rocky on Jan 6th 2012 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

I would post this question on the nutrition forum of this site. we can only answer you once here. We can answer back and forth on that site.

Starbutt

try smething that has lamb and rice or somesort of meat and rice this is easy for the stomach to digest and it may help straighten out the looseness. you can give your dog a.. you don't say what it is but if it is a small breed NOT A PUP you can give it HALF OF A TEASPOON of pepto if a big dog or medium give A TEASPOON the poop will turn black this is normal other wise I would ask the vet on the looseness and how to correct it.

Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 1/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Switch to a high quality food and get him off of Hill's Digestive! Hills Canine Gastrointestinal Health Dog Food (if that's the one you are feeding) is filled with corn, by-products, soy, chemicals, and grains. This food, as well as all of Hill's Science Diet foods are all low quality and should never be fed to any dog or cat.

I recommend feeding a high quality food such as Orijen, Acana, The Honest Kitchen or Sojos. All of these foods are great for dogs who have digestion problems. I also recommend supplementing your dog with Solid Gold D-Zyme Powder, Solid Gold Multi-Vitamin/Mineral Supplement and Solid Gold SeaMeal to help with digestion too. However, feeding a high quality food (any of the foods I listed above) will definitely help with his digestion.