Best food for a Pomeranian?

Is there a commercial dog food better than home cooked for my pomeranian and if so, what ?

Asked by Member 1133118 on Sep 28th 2012 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Tiara

To ask this, you are going to get all kind of answers. What food works for me may not work for you. You just have to find a food that your dog likes , and one that you are happy about the way they look. For me, I use the Nutro Natural Choice for small breed dogs. I really like it and my owner says my coat is better and scratching is not as bad as it was before.

Tiara answered on 9/28/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I think in general, a well-balanced homecooked diet is better than any kibble.

But you know what? It's *perfectly fine* if you'd prefer to feed kibble--a lot of people do. It's more convenient, and it's not going to kill your dog.

I don't feed kibble anymore, but if I were to feed it again these would be my guidelines:
-First ingredient should be a specifically named meat source
-Preferably the named source would be meal, as in "chicken meal"
-Bonus points if there's more than one meat source
-No corn or soy
-Bonus points for grain-free (Though grain-free brands tend to be a lot more expensive, so I doubt I could afford that.)

Fromm is a great food to feed, learn more about Fromm at frommfamily.com

Most of Fromm foods are grain free which is a plus for any dog. Dogs don't need grains in their diet.

Fromm is one of the best dog foods that you can feed to your dog. There's many different formulas to choose from which makes it easier to choose the perfect one for your dog.