Australian shepherd owners (CLICK HERE)?
Hey there you Australian shepherd owner!
I have a few questions for you-
1. Whats your aussies- name, age, gender and color(Blue merle, red merle etc.)?
2. Where did you get your aussie? Breeder,shelter etc?
3. Is this your first aussie?
4. Why did you decide to get an aussie?
5. What is it about aussies that you love?
6. If this isn't your first aussie...what got you to get another one?
Also if you can PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post a picture or pictures of your Australian shepherd!!
on Feb 16th 2009
in Australian Shepherd
- Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!
Why do ya need to know all this? You should love a dog for it's personality, not its breed, color, gender, or size! This is silly!
Jet answered on 2/16/09. Helpful? / 0
Zelda is my first aussie. I wanted one because they are super smart, loyal, and active, and thats what i love about her. She is a red merle and we got her from a rescue about an hour or so outside new orleans. We looked into getting a second one, but once we met our border collie, it was love at first sight!
good luck in your hunt!
MY friend is an Aussie and he hasn't made a Dogster yet, cause he's a little camera shy. He is a bundle of energy. We race and run and play.
Jessie, 2 years, male, black tri
Rescued him from a pet shop
Bundle of joy
Angel answered on 7/5/09. Helpful? / 0
Q1. My dogs name is seven, 4 years old, boy, I believe its a mix between two colors.
Q2. We got him from a breeder
Q4. We got him because aussies are very smart, lots of energy, very friendly, and loves to play.
Q5. Same as question 4 but also there pretty funny.
Here is are three picture of my dog.
Her name is letty she is 6 months old , a female, and she is white brown and black
yes thi si my first
she was ao cute when she was about 9 weeks and my firend ask me if i wanted her
she is veary differnt from other dogs
she loves riding on the 4 wheeler with me aand my brother and she goes go-karting with us.. when she playes with my little brother he is 10 she is so gental she is the best dog i ever had and she is veary ply full she thinks she is smaller then she is . i aslso have a little dog and she beats up on him he's an old grump ...her full name is letty boohorton . ...............................................................
1. Tess- 1 year, blue merle
Moose - 1 year red tri
Jack - 10 weeks, blue merle
2. Tess- breeder
Moose - ARPH (rescue)
Jack - breeder
3. Tess was my first wiggle butt.
4. They are beautiful and I needed a dog with enough energy to run around on our farm and compete in agility.
5. I love my aussies because they love me as much as I love them. They love to play chase and tackle. They are so calm indoors too. They also love to swim, and do agility, herding, dock diving and lure coursing. And I absolutely love watching them have fun.
6. Playmates...I don't like to have a bored, destructive dog. They tire themselves out pretty easily.
Tess answered on 2/4/10. Helpful? / 0
Maggie is an 8 1/2 year old female. She is a Black Tri. I found her on Petfinder, listed by her owner who was terminally ill with cancer. She came with lots of behavior problems that we have worked on VERY hard. She was not socialized well as a puppy & mine is her 5th home. I was fully aware of this % can say 5 years later I am rewarded with seeing how far she has come!
She is my first Aussie. She is SOOO smart - we do agility, we herd and LOVE to learn new tricks - EVEN at 8 1/2! We are up to about 30 commands including her agility commands.
I decided on an Aussie because I was looking for a not too big SMART dog. WARNING: be careful what you wish for; I have to exercise her both physically as well as mentally, EVERYDAY! This is not something for everyone, but I love this about her. She goes and goes and goes and then could go some more.
There is a great "is an Aussie right for me" on the NorCal Aussie Rescue site: norcalaussierescue.org GOOD LUCK!
Maggie - San Francisco answered on 2/24/10. Helpful? / 0
1. Suzi, 12 weeks, girl, red merle
4. INTELLIGENCE! I also love how active they are, yet affectionate.
5. The same as #five,
Henry answered on 4/10/10. Helpful? / 0
1. Jackson, 4 months, male, red tri
2. breeder in Michigan
3. first aussie
4. I got an aussie because of their personalities and energy
5. Personality, they are funny
Jackson answered on 9/23/10. Helpful? / 0