Aussie ears!? will they go down or stay up?

my 5 month old red tri Aussies ears prick straight up. I was wondering if they would ever go down or if they are just going to stay up?

the one had gone down but then pricked back up a month later, she is also losing teeth? it that normal?

thanks!

Asked by Member 1124539 on Aug 7th 2012 Tagged aussie, puppy, prickedears, floppyears, teethlosing in Australian Shepherd

Answers

Maggie

Usually if the ears go up all the way at any time during puppyhood, they will probably be like that as an adult (though ears can go up and down through the teething period, that's normal.)

Some Aussies just have pricked ears. It's not show standard, but I think very cute anyway.

Maggie answered on 8/7/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Cisco

Cisco's left ear was folded backward for a few weeks then one ear would go up then down then half down etc. 5 months was about the craziest ear time for us. I got worried and called the vet, it's nothing to worry about. This is super normal for the teething stage, just enjoy the show. Cisco's did this for maybe 4 months. They are both down now and I think they will stay that way as he has stopped teething. Up, down, or either is normal during this eventful time in a puppy's life, they will settle into their permenant state in a few months. Up/Down are both cute!

Cisco answered on 12/10/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Lily

Some Australian Shepherd's have ears that stand up straight, although I do not think it is common. Your puppy will probably always have ears like that, even as an adult dog.

Also, puppies lose teeth, it is normal.

Lily answered on 1/22/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer