Bugsy

At what age should I neuter my Maltese/Shih Tzu? He is now 5 and a half months.

Asked by Bugsy on Jan 22nd 2008 in Puppies

Answers

6 months is a great age to neuter or spay. It is especially helpful if you can get it done before a female has her first heat.

Gray's answer is right! But our vet told us that smaller breeds may keep some of their baby teeth and they might have to be removed. With that in mind, we got Alex nuetered at 7 months, and yes, he did have to have 2 baby teeth removed. By 7 months most of the baby teeth should have fell out.

Rocky

I had my chihuahua neutered at 7.5 months to allow more time for his baby teeth to fall out. I guess you could ask your vet if he is ready for neutering.

Rocky answered on 1/22/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer