At what age do huskies mature?

I have a husky who is now 1 years old and she is very mature. What is a normal age for a husky to settle down like an adult and lose the playfulness of a pup?

Asked by Member 1152495 on Jan 29th 2013 Tagged husky, huskies, mature, age, playfulness in Siberian Husky

Answers

Mika

My 3 yr old Husky is still very playful, but mature at the same time.....Huskies are incredibly playful dogs, but I have heard the maturing age is about 3......but then again like I said, mine is still going!!

Mika answered on 1/29/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Seth

I do not have a huskie, but mine is over 4 and he still plays and is silly like a puppy. Some just do not get rid of the need to play and have fun.

Seth answered on 1/29/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ember FDX

Physically, between 2 and 3 years... They'll be done growing upward by 2, but still filling out with muscle.

Emotionally, around 5 years old. This is when they calm down and get a little less goofy. Of course this is all relative... A calmer Husky still needs loads of exercise. Their personality doesn't change, but little things may - less likely to enjoy the company of rambunctious puppies and such. Ember runs for two hours day now, instead of three. That sort of thing.

Ember FDX answered on 4/2/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer