♥ Arlowe ♥

as american pitbulls mature do they get the pittie snort??

arlowe is a american pitbull terrier / lab mix, he never had the snort before (haven't seen him for a couple of months) but when i visited him yesterday he had an adorable snort and every pittie i see in petsmart has "the snort." he is 2 years old now and fully mature, so i was just wondering if when they reach full age, do they get a snort?? thanks! arlowe's auntie.

Asked by ♥ Arlowe ♥ on Apr 2nd 2010 in American Pit Bull Terrier

Answers

Annie

Maybe I don't know what you mean by a "snort", but I've had pit bulls for 13 years and I've never heard of them having such a thing. However Pits do "talk" in a piggy like sound, but it is vocal not nasal. There may be some pit bulls, which due to abnormally short nasal passages develop a snort, but I don't think that would be the case with your dog b/c he's got the lab nose. If it continues I would have him seen by a vet. It could be a cold, kennel cough (the vaccine doesn't cover all forms) or allergies etc. My Chihuahua mix had a snort when he had kennel cough.

Annie answered on 4/7/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Bentley

I know what your talking about. I have 2 pitbulls one is 7 months old. thats the one in the picture and my other one is about 15 months old and they both have the snort. So i think it just has to do with the dog.

Bentley answered on 7/29/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer