Claire

Are webbed paws a sign of a specific breed?

Hi, my 12 week old puppy Claire has webbed paws. I have heard before that webbed paws are only specific to certain breeds, and she is a mixed breed so if this is true, it will provide some insight as to what breeds she could possibly be mixed with. The shelter said hound mix, my dad said some German Shepherd and my boyfriend is saying she has some lab in her.
Thanks in advance. :)

Asked by Claire on Mar 31st 2009 Tagged puppy, webbed, paws, mutt, mixed in Mixed Breeds

Answers

Bandit

Not all dogs have webbed feet only some breeds. Here is a list of some of the dogs that have webbed feet.
Akita
Brussels Griffon
Chesapeake Bay Retriever
Chinook
Field Spaniel
German Shorthaired Pointer
German Wirehaired Pointer
Irish Water Spaniel
Labrador Retriever
Leonberger
Mi-Ki
Miniature Poodle
Native American Indian Dog
Newfoundland
Norwegian Buhund
Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
Otterhound
Plott Hound
Portuguese Water Dog
Redbone Coonhound
Ringtail Sing-a-Ling
Spanish Water Dog
Toy Poodle
Weimaraner
Wirehaired Pointing Griffon

My guess would be your pup is a redbone coonhound/german shepard mix maybe even some lab thrown in there. She is very cute what ever she is.

Bandit answered on 3/31/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Labs and some of the other retrievers are webbed.

dogs with webbed feet most likely are the dogs that are in the sporting group cuz they have to deal with water and webbed feet work good for that !

You might want to look into Rhodesian Ridgebacks. My crossbreed looks a LOT like yours and I ran into someone that has one of these and many of the traits of that breed are apparent in my dog. Good luck!