Are Shiba Inu good with Hot Climate?

I want a Shiba for a pet but I am worry that it will suffer from the heat in Vietnam.

Asked by Member 940512 on Jan 23rd 2010 Tagged shibainu, hotclimate, vietnam in Shiba Inu

Answers

I don't know much about the breed, but you could research their origin on the internet. Generally, the information you find should tell you what they were bred for and that should give you an idea of how well they would adapt to the humid climate.

Shiba-Inu's have an all-weather protection coat. They can handle the heat. There coat is waterproof. They can handle snow, and any other weather.

Engel

They are good in warm climates.

Engel answered on 1/24/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Seth

They do fine in the hot weather as long as they have someplace to get into and out of the direct sun

Seth answered on 1/24/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer