Are Akita Inu good with Hot Climate?

I want a Shiba for a pet but I am worry that it will not able to tolerate the heat in Vietnam.

Asked by Member 966343 on Feb 19th 2010 Tagged akitainu, heat, vietnam in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

The Shiba Inu is a different breed than an Akita. They do call the Shiba Inu an Akita Inu. But, there is also a breed that is called an Akita.

Shiba Inu's have an all weather protection coat, they can handle any weather, hot or cold. There coat is also water proof.

The Akita can not be in hot weather for long. They need lots of icy, cold water, to keep them hydrated. I would not get an Akita. I would get a Shiba Inu, if I were you.

There are many other breeds too get. What other breeds are you interested in?

No dog can stand "living" out in hot weather all day, though. Your not going to make your dog live outside in the hot weather, are you?

Didn't you ask this same question a few weeks ago? I seem to remember the same exact question. I would get on the internet and study the breed. It's origin, temperament, and what it was bred for. That should give you some idea of how well they would do. They are not good first dogs for someone who doesn't have much experience with dogs.

They can stand the heat, but you should have someplace that they can get into so they are not out in the heat all the time.