Any way I can get my dog to stop barking at cars?

When my dog sees a car, Harley will start barking at it....we think because he's on a 1 lane road so it's kinda hard for him to think what his own boundaries are...but it's embarassing for us because all the people that come down the neighborhood road (1/2 mile).

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - Runt, 5 years old.

Asked by Member 1000503 on Aug 14th 2010 Tagged cavalierkingcharlesspaniel, barksatcars in Barking

Answers

The best solution to fence chasing is to not let them be out alone or for long periods. The dog is aquired a habit. And habits can be almost impossible to fix. Even teaching the Leave It command will be most difficult.
The only way you can stop this habit is to stop your leaving him out and give him other better things to do in his time. Like walking, hiking, playing games, fetching, obedience school. good luck.