Any puppy food that helps balance urinary ph?

I have a 3 month old puppy with struvite crystals in her urine and a high ph of 8. My vet placed her on a prescription diet for urinary issues. The prescription however is not recommended for growing puppies. And it makes her pee a ridiculous amount including while shes sleeping. Any recommendations? Is there an alternative diet I can put her on that helps balance urinary ph?

Asked by Member 1151377 on Jan 22nd 2013 in Other Food & Nutrition

Answers

I don't know how much to give puppies, but Jax had a high PH and we put her on vitamin C. For her, it worked better than the dog food. You might ask your vet if you can do the same and ask how much. Good Luck!

Give your dog cranberry capsules throughout the day for a couple of days and within a couple of days, the UTI should clear up.