any home remedies for fleas???

does anyone know any home remedies for fleas on dogs??

Asked by Member 1095922 on Feb 27th 2012 Tagged health in Health & Wellness

Answers

Petri

If your dog already has fleas buy some flea shampoo to help kill them off, then clean your entire house well. If you are asking as a preventative for the upcoming spring/summer some people have used garlic and brewers yeast mixed in with dog food, but I'm not sure if it works very well. I personally love PETfection Bug Spray... it is 100% Natural and Organic. Works fantastic at keeping fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes away. Smells good too! Hope this helps.

Petri answered on 2/28/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Previous poster is paid to shill for Petfection.

ANY shampoo will kill (drown) the fleas that are on the dog. You don't need a "flea shampoo". Frequent bathing and daily combing should take care of the fleas on your pet. Tougher is dealing with all the fleas/flea eggs in your carpets, furniture, etc. Wash all bedding, throw rugs, etc, (and dry in a hot dryer if possible) vacuum everywhere else (then throw away the bag so fleas don't crawl out) and sprinkle Diatomaceous Earth (DE) on the hotspots like pet bedding and along baseboards. Some people feed their pets a SMALL amount of raw garlic daily to make them less attractive to fleas.

There are many "natural" flea control products sold, but whether they are safer or more effective than conventional ones is doubtful, since they aren't required to test them (for safety OR efficacy) before selling. I wouldn't waste my money.