Any dog food out there that could trick a dog into thinking its eating human food?

We have a 16 month old catahula cur/ black lab mix. She was a rescue. Ever since we have had her she will almost only eat human food. Her dog food will sit in her bowl for up to four days. No matter how hard I try to keep her from eating our food she will find it. I have two kids with special needs and sometimes get distracted with medical things before I can put away our dishes. She often eats grass when we go out on a walk. She loves water and jumps for joy when she sees her bowl being filled with water. What dog food is out there that is human enough for her to eat. She is not overweight or underweight. She was underweight when we got her. Help!

Asked by Member 1145199 on Dec 14th 2012 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Try going to the main forums & browse through the Home Cooked Forum. There are lots of good balanced recipes that use *human food. Some folks say it works out to be cheaper than kibble. You could get the kids involved if they're able.
You could also try raw diet..most dogs love it!

Ikan

The best thing I can think to do, is start by cooking food for the dog. Maybe something like a chicken and rice and oatmeal mix. Then try to start slipping in a few pieces of dog food. As time goes by, you lesson the chicken and put in more dog food. It may take a couple fo months to do this. But it is about the only idea i have heard about working.

Ikan answered on 12/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

HELLO PET PARENTS I HAVE A SOLUTION FOR YOUR BeST FRIEND:WWW.LIFESABUNDANCE.COM/MYPETLUNA WE HAVE QUALITY ORGANIC PET FOR DOGS AND CATS.dental treats,cat treats,ANTIOXIDANT HEALTH BARS,TASTY REWARDS,AND MORE.TREAT YOUR BUDDY HIS VAlUE TO FAMILY:ORDER 1-877-387-4564 REP#20073800 SAVE% WITH ORDER.

Check out the Dogster Home Prepared Food & Recipes Forum www.dogster.com

A home prepared diet would be an excellent food to feed to your dog.