Max

Am I Lab / Foxhound maybe?

I know it shouldn't matter what breed my dog is, but I'm really curious, especially when people ask. They said he was Lab / Shepherd / Hound mix. He's now 5 months and weighs 35 lbs. He's tall and thin with big paws.

Asked by Max on Aug 25th 2008 in Mixed Breeds

Answers

You are so adorable! I could see the foxhound part with the pretty bilateral colorings. It looks like there some definite hound characteristics in the ear, snout, and body... Im a 8 month old catahoula, currently weigh about 52lbs and stand about 22inches tall so far. I was only 28lbs at 4 months...by 5 months I was about that. When i was adopted the shelter has marked me as a catahoula mix, later on my mom got a chance to get my parents' pics and was informed then that they were both catahoulas. Mom loved me but she was curious about what i could be...so she seriously considered dna testing. Just be careful you do not get ripped off by some supposed dna places. Either way you're beautiful and please let us know if you do find out what you're mixed with if at all!

athena

if you really want to know what he is, there is a test you can have done at the vet that will tell you what he is. i have three mutts and i would love to have it done but it cost, i think $200.

athena answered on 8/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer