alaskan malamute

my 13 week old malamute has a problem with biting most of the time its just playing or attention seeking but them he can be quite aggresive can anyone give me some advice??

Asked by Member 1151335 on Jan 22nd 2013 in Aggression

Answers

Most puppies can be very active. Have you tried enrolling him in puppy classes? He would learn boundaries and some social skills from the other pups. Good Luck!

Lexus

How long have you had him?
My Husky pup had a real problem with biting also, although we have to realize that this is how they explore their world (with their mouth) as we use our hands, there are proper ways to deal with that, such as do not give them trouble for mouthing, rather, re-direct it to something they are allowed to bite, this will take time but they get it eventually. I have taught the "off" command and now when she tried to bite me I say off and she knows and I hand her a toy. If you post in the behavior forum you are able to get more advice q and a back and forth. With the aggressive part, Kali gave great info to you with socializing, and again I went through this phase with my pup, if you know what makes him get that way try to stay away from his threshold,not let him get away with things but know what you do when puppy reacts that way and try something else, I have ran out of room but for more info post in forums.

Lexus answered on 1/22/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer