Alaskan Klee Kai socialization issues

Hi everyone. I just got an Alaskan Klee Kai puppy 2 weeks ago now from the breeder at 10 weeks old. He is now 12 weeks old. I know the breed is known for being extremely cautious around strangers and unfamiliar settings. However, he is terrified of men (including my dad at home) and if he sees another dog while on a walk, he either just shakes uncontrollably or tries to run away as fast as possible. I signed up for puppy classes and took him to it last night for "safe" socialization with puppies who all have up-to-date health records. Again, all he did was sit in the corner and shake. Any advice for my shy guy? He is just so terrified.

Asked by Member 1144089 on Dec 7th 2012 Tagged socialization, fear, puppy in Behavior & Training