Adult female dog chose to pee in the house

Uni is a 5-year-old shar-pei mix. She started peeing in the house last week. We have a doggie door which means she has access to the yard 24/7. This morning I even opened the sliding door for her, asking her to go outside. She knew what I wanted but she turned around and went back to the living room to pee. The two possible causes: last week another female dog Molly came inside the house for a visit, so Uni may feel territorial. or She doesn't like the wet ground in the yard and the neighbors' dogs barked at her. I don't know what to do to solve this problem. Any suggestion? (She didn't even need any potty training when she was a puppy)

Asked by Member 1196706 on Oct 29th 2013 in House Soiling

Answers

I would take her in to the vet to make sure she doesn't have a bladder infection. Oriental breeds can be extremely territorial, but unfortunately you have to rule health problems out first. Another dog barking at her should not change her restroom habits, especially if she has been well-trained. Happy Howli-days. ^_^