Adopted 4 Months Ago! Shes BAD!!!! please help

Please Help! I everyone and thanks in advance for your helpful advice, Okay so I got this Cockapoo female off a Neighbor who was pretty much at her wits ends with Jewel(dog) pretty much If i wasnt going to be her new owner she was going back to the pound, sad.. So i took her, shes very loving, but she has also started to become a problem to me and my family, the neighbors complain about her excessive unnecessary barking, the pottys everywhere, she dumpster dives almost everynight even when chairs are blocking, its just too much, i know this dog came with issues but now im starting to think there is no hope, i walk her atlease 30 mins at night and even thats a problem ( she barks at everyone that passes by), she has plenty of toys and shes played with all day.. i dont know what to do? please help! thanks again.

Asked by Member 1143817 on Dec 5th 2012 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Sabi

Crate training will help with the garbage issue and the house training but in my experience dogs are either garbage hounds or they aren't. So invest in a garbage can with a locking lid.
Start with basic obedience classes or on your own. Lots of how to videos on line.
Keep her tethered to you when she is loose in the house. This will prevent accidents. And take her out regularly and keep her out until she goes.
For problem barking first look at a cause, she is likely either scared or bored. Once you determine the cause you can work on the cure. I would post on forums in behavior and training so people can back and forth with you. Good luck.

Sabi answered on 12/5/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer