According to my Vetenarian my Minn Pinn did'nt weigh enough to dock her ears. Does that happen often with the breed!

Asked by Member 1101023 on Mar 19th 2012 Tagged ears, minnpinn, weight in Miniature Pinscher

Answers

Starbutt

why on earth would you do this, it is cruel and it torures your animal if you hear it doesn't hurt think about this if you had your ears CROPPED (the term is cropped not docked you dock the tail) you think you would not be in pain. Are you to show this animal I have hear more and more in the ring they are taking more natrual look if not then there is no reason to do this unless there is health issue like a lot of ear infections maybe later in life. Just to make the dog look better maybe why doesn't it look ok now. I am against this unless it is for the ring or it is a working dog like a brittany. other wise there is not reason to DOCK OR CROPPED in my opinoin. It does not make the dog a better dog if you do this.Oh and Docking the tail is done a few days after they are born. incase you wonder.

Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 3/20/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It's impossible to mention docking on here without getting some very negative responses. (Personally, I'm neutral on it and don't see it as a big deal. I mean, I don't see it hurting the dog in any long term faction.)

Hopefully someone will be able to get past their opinion and answer your question.

It may have been that he felt she was too small to anesthetize safely. All vets that do ear crops nowadays anesthetize the dog for humane reasons.