According to my Vetenarian my Minn Pinn did'nt weigh enough to dock her ears. Does that happen often with the breed!

Asked by Member 1101023 on Mar 19th 2012 Tagged ears, minnpinn, weight in Miniature Pinscher

Answers

How much does she weigh? I have NEVER heard of this before, I've never heard of a vet saying that since a dog doesn't weigh enough that it can't get its ears cropped. I would go to a different vet to get your dog's ears cropped.

Do not have your dog's ears cropped over the age of 12 weeks. A dog should have its ears cropped between the age of 8-12 weeks.

Here's a weight chart for dogs - sportsandfitness1.com

This should have been done when the puppy was just a few days old. At the age your dog is now, the vet will have to put the dog under to do this. THe dog does not have the body mass now and could be in danger if the dog is put under for this surgery.