my dog is a white gsdxhusky but looks more gsd why?

my dog is a gsdxhusky i dont get it his father was siberian or malamute type dog poss another type of sled dog he is more gsd and pure white his father was grey/black/brown his mother black n tan gsd how come he is white and how come he looks more gsd the coulours dont add up do you think ive been conned?

Asked by Member 1149954 on Jan 14th 2013 in Puppies

Answers

Beau

Just because a dog is a specific mix doesn't mean they're going to look exactly like half of one breed and half of another. Certain characteristics might stand out more from one breed more than the other, say like their colouration, ears, height, etc.

An puppy's colour genetics, like with many other animals, are hard to predict. You may have offspring that look like both the mother and father, more like one or the other, or look like neither.

I wouldn't worry about it, to be honest. You probably did receive the dog you were told.

Beau answered on 1/15/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer