12 yrs old dog, vet says lung has fluid,weak heart, tumor on her lung and its last stage. My Q : Is it okay to let my do

my dog is 12 yrs old and is sick.
I have brought her to the vet and the doc say she has cancer last stage has a tumor on her lung, and has very weak heart. And there are water in her lung. I ask the vet whether should i put her down but she said its ok as long as she still eats. She is forever panting, she is tired and sleeping all the time. She doesn't eat as much as she did last time. Pls answer :( my question :Is it okay to let my dog drink a lot of water when she has fluid in her lung?

Asked by Member 1104270 on Apr 5th 2012 Tagged dogillness, fluidinlung in The Dogster Website

Answers

Ace

I am so sorry that your old friend is sick. I hope that you have friends and family around you at this difficult time to help you emotionally and with practical decisions.

Regarding your question, I don't believe that drinking water will affect her lung. The fluid in her lung would be there regardless of the amount of water she drinks. I would call your vet and leave a message for her, and she can have someone call you back with advice (I don't imagine you'd be charged any money).

I think the final decision about when to put her to sleep is up to you. You know her the best, and you know when she is suffering too much. Reach out to your loved ones to help you know when it is time.

Ace answered on 4/5/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Shasta

I'm agreeing with Ace... drinking less water wouldn't affect amount in her lung. I am so so sorry for her, I hope you have as much support as you can get through this hard time.

Putting her down is really a decision based on you & your bond/trust with her. She will let you know if it is time...

Shasta answered on 4/5/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer