College Nerdery

Winnie

Anything you can- do I can do- cuter!

Barked: Tue Aug 7, '07 2:05pm PST 
So college apps are only a few months away and I've been seriously considering Cornell (also UPenn, Darmouth, and Columbia). My friend and fellow coworker is currently a vet student there and she invited me to stay with her for a few days at Ithaca so I can see the campus and maybe attend a couple of her classes. I found a cheap roundtrip plane ticket there (around $270) at the end of August. I'm really excited! We considered taking Winnie with me but she has a roommate with a dog (whom she hasn't even met yet, so she doesn't know if he likes other dogs)

This post had absolutely no point. I just felt like sharing the info with you big grin
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Wed Aug 8, '07 2:59am PST 
hehe... well good luck and have fun!

... and what a great deal! Which airline is it anyway?

Edited by author Wed Aug 8, '07 2:59am PST

Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Sun Aug 19, '07 12:23am PST 
Kinda late to this thread, but have a great time! Ahhh, I remember college visits like they were yesterday.... (I'm allowed to say stuff like that now that I'm officially "old".)

On a jealous note: I wish I could go to Ithaca! I have several good friends who live there now, and I'd love to visit with them!

Winnie

Barked: Sun Aug 19, '07 10:04pm PST 
Well, the trip got canceled. BOL.

But college selections are driving me insane. I swear I spent at least an hour trying to decide where to apply early (I can't decide between Cornell, UPenn, and Columbia, although Cornell is weighing heavily on my mind)
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '07 3:44pm PST 
My aunt lives near Ithaca. And the 5 vets I worked with (as a receptionist) for 1.5 years all attended Cornell. Good luck with the college apps, Winnie.
Winnie

Barked: Mon Aug 27, '07 7:10pm PST 
So plans changed and my mom and I planned a short trip to UPenn and Johns Hopkins instead. BOL. We'll be gone August 28-30. Hopefully my dad can keep up with Winnie while we're gone! laugh out loud