To me, breakfast isn’t breakfast unless eggs and potatoes are involved, but that tried-and-true combo can get a little old. This recipe spices up your boring brunch plans for you and your dog.
Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory qualities. Hailing from Asia, it is part of the ginger family (another dog-friendly and healthy spice). It adds a fragrant and earthy flavor and a beautiful yellow color to any dish. Like any new food, check with your vet before adding to your dog’s diet and test with a small amount to see if he has a sensitivity. But, it is typically safe and healthy for dogs. It’s recommended to feed no more than ¹/₈ to ¼ teaspoon per day for every 10 pounds of weight.
What you’ll need:
- 1 small sweet potato
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- Coconut oil
- Thinly slice sweet potato.
- On a cookie sheet, lightly coat sweet potato slices in coconut oil.
- Sprinkle with ginger and 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until potatoes are roasted and cooked through.
- While your potatoes bake, whisk eggs and add the remaining turmeric.
- Cook eggs on a skillet in a little bit of coconut oil, scrambling until cooked through.
- Top sweet potato slices with eggs and serve.
About the author:
Sam is a dog lover, writer, baker, crafter and Instagrammer. When she’s not writing, she’s decorating cookies at her blog SugaredAndIced.com or Instagramming her dogs @FrenchHuggs_ and @Quinnstadoodle.