GO!

URGENT!! KINDA FREAKED OUT!!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 11:49pm PST 
So jake got into the trash and was drinking a mixture of canola/Extra virgin olive oil.

Should i be concerned? I have no idea how much he drank maybe a few tongue laps since i caught him just as i was coming back from outside.

Do i have a reason to rush to the E-vet or should he be okay ?
[notify]
Terra

Bonzaiiiiiiii!!!- !!!

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 1:24am PST 
Disclaimer: I'm NOT a vet.

Okay, now that it's been said, your pup should be fine. Both are vegetable oils, and are given often as supplements on dog's food for the omega fatty acids (anti-inflammatory, coat care, etc.). If it's something he's not used to, he may have a little bit of diarrhea but he'll most likely be fine.

That said, if you notice any signs of stress/pain, then take him in.

Also, if you're concerned call your local E-Vet and ask them if they'd recommend he be brought in. Most places understand that e-treatment is freakishly expensive and will usually let you know over the phone if it may be a problem. There's been a few times that I've been concerned over the years and I've called and had them tell me what they suggest.
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 9:51am PST 
Terra thanks for your response. I actually called an e vet after i posted this and he said it was fine. Jake had a bit of an upset tummy but he's otherwise fine.

thanks for caring big grinsnoopy
[notify]

Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 3:22am PST 
I didn't see this earlier. I agree with the other poster. Just keep an eye on him for any sign of stress that may indicate he might be sick. Good Luck!
[notify]