GO!

New Cancer Drug for dogs Palladia

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Maggie~ Mae

Love My Girl

Barked: Sat Mar 2, '13 1:17pm PST 
Has anyone heard anything about this new drug at all would love feed back on it if you have? Or have you ever had a insulin~ratio test done on your dog & know how to read them?
[notify]
Toby

Got food?

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 2:10pm PST 
Toby was on Palladia for a grade 3 mast cell tumor for 8 mos. He is now in total remission.
First 7 mos he was on it were a breeze. He had bloodwork done every week at first, then every 2 weeks then went to once a month. His kidneys started to be affected so we took him off. No sign of the cancer coming back at this time. It was a life saver!
Anything specific you want to know?
[notify]
Maggie~ Mae

Love My Girl

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 5:09pm PST 
Yes I am so concerned about the effects that it will have on her. I have researched this drug & it is used for mass cell skin type cancer in dog's. Maggie has insulinoma cancer of the pancreas I am not sure it will help her. The pills we would give them at home & you have to be very careful. I have call the FDA & CVM but haven't heard back from them yet. I am so glad your little one did well....thanks for your response
[notify]

Toby

Got food?

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 7:12pm PST 
There are several newer drugs for Mast Cell Cancer on the market now. Have you seen an Veterinary Oncologist?

If I had to do over, I would do the same thing for Toby. He went through 4 weeks of weekly IV chemo before starting the Palladia. But having him around a year and a half after diagnosis and doing so well, means the world to us!
[notify]