GO!

Have anyone else had trouble exsplaining?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 7:02pm PST 
I am not sure I am saying this right But I am just going to say it:
I am having a hard time getting out of my head struggling with my Mental illness I have one of those illness that it is hard to really make people understand I just can't on top of things right now or keep track of what I am saying or doing. I have a hard time even hold a conversation with people right now like I just want the world out there to go away. It is like a big fog in my head. I don't think it is not all my my different physical disabilities that are hold me back either. It is the mental ones that are keeping me from getting my body to do what I want it to. The mental is making the physical parts harder to handle. What I am trying to say is trying to get this all right in my head is one thing but trying to exsplain it to people or a doctor who is asking about what it is like I just don't know how to do so. I am wondering if other struggle with it too I think I have asked this in many ways. But I have never seem to get it just right so that people understood what I wanted to say. I am just trying to make since enough to exsplain to my doctors.
[notify]
Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 8:22pm PST 
Your not the only one Sadie. It's hard for me to spit out what I want to say. I know what I would say in my head but it doesn't come out the right way or I can't quite formulate it into words. Best analogy for me I guess is that it's kind of like telling a joke. You know what you want to say in your head but you mess up the punch line because you don't say it right. In your haste to try and explain what your going through, you end up leaving out key information. It's frustrating and you end up leaving feeling like you just wasted your time because they didn't understand what you were trying to explain to them. Have you thought about maybe writing things down first so you know what you want to say before you go to the doctors? It might help.
[notify]
Cheyenne- Starr

Car- ride...Yipee!

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 12:42pm PST 
I totally understand what you are saying. Mostly my issue is that I just don't wanna tell Drs anything! Which doesn't help my issues, of course. I guess I just want to pretend that I'm fine. shrug
[notify]

Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 7:55pm PST 
I too know where you are coming from. My husband ends up having me explain what Tank does to help his disability. Sadly however I am unsure sometimes how to explain things. And its gotten worse lately because now I am having trouble getting my own brain to work just right to get the words from my brain to my mouth. Tank is doing very well for being a younger dog than the first two that we trained. My hubbys first dog Buddy was a yellow lab and was already 18 months old when we got him. Granted he trained very easy but we lost him to a liar. Katana my hubby's second dog was a doberman and sadly he passed away last fall due to a heart attack. Tank was not quite nine months old when Katana died and was put into training a little sooner than we had planned. Tank is doing just what we hoped he would and does it very well. I am hoping that our soon to be ex roommate didnt screw Tanks training up too badly. We were told that he (the soon to be ex roommate) was beating on Tank's dog house because Tank barked while he was out in the yard to play and potty. That and we think he may well have hit Tank as well. Tank still wants to work and train but he is now prone to cowering away from big biker type, muscular,loud men.
[notify]
Maddox

Captain Three- Legs

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 8:08pm PST 
Perhaps if you didn't leave poor Tank outside his training would progress more quickly. I honestly cannot see how a service dog, especially one of a medical alert/psychiatric nature could be left outside and then only told to bond with his handler when you need him when you go out. Seems horribly selfish to me, but I guess I'm not in your situation. But I can say, if I was, I'd faster take my SDIT inside the house and kick the roommate outside the house and tell him to go sleep in the dog house.
[notify]
Maddox

Captain Three- Legs

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 8:12pm PST 
I do have trouble sometimes with explaining how/why a dog is of service to me. Usually I end up saying that not all disabilities are visible and just because I look like a healthy 19 year old doesn't mean i'm not struggling with a disability on the inside.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '13 7:55am PST 
Thank you all for your posts I feel better knowing that I am not a lone not that I believed I was knowing that I was not is a given for me though here in maine sometimes in the town I am I feel like I am. Please don't pick on Tank; I know how it feels to have an mean roommate. It is hard sometimes to really know as I said I have been working on cards to exsplain my issue some what as well as for emergency purposes(for the most part). Some people really have issues with me having a SD thinking cause most the time I seem very much like a normal person. They don't see my daily struggles and frustrations. Somedays I have really good days and sometimes I can go weeks that way but other days I seem to hit rock bottom and it is a struggle to get back litterly on my feet. Sadie has been a consent comfort and help to me I don't even remember a time I did not have her. Sometimes I think about all the people here on Dogster that struggle to and deal with people like I do sometimes. It took a long time to get the Ex roommate out I finally through him out littery and had police come here to tell him that he had to go. I had housing to back me up cause he was going to tell them that he was paying rent tech. he was not suppose to be here and not Quote a real room mate. Since he did not live here as a tent on paper and this I poved to everyone and my Landlord backed me up. SHe saw the pressure and stress as well as many friends we shared. Now he is far away and we can be friends again. So again not meaning to ramble on like this I just want to say thanks for helping me not to feel alone in this.
[notify]
Abrams Tank- SDiT

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '13 4:06pm PST 
Sadie thanks for the stand up help. We are getting ready to start moving into our new home in the next few days to the next couple weeks. We signed the contract today and will be getting the lights and water turned on tomorrow we hope. Then its off to the races getting everything moved and the roommates house cleaned up so he will quit grumbling and gripping. I will be glad to get the house set up and the pens put up for the other dogs then there will be four dogs and three cats in the house. Tank, his sister Bella,Garnet and Blaze both of whom are too small to live outside in this cold screwy Indiana weather right now. The cats Simba,Kiara, and Kovu have never been outside cats and they have lived with dogs their whole lives so they will be fine with the dogs in the house. I will just be glad to get away from the guy who thinks that kicking a dog for playing is the right way to teach them to behave, or screaming at them to be quiet and calling them pieces of sh*t f*&#ing dogs is the way to get them to stop barking when strangers come near the property.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '13 6:02pm PST 
Sounds really familar Tank yeah I do know that deal good luck with the house move and congradulation.
[notify]
Abrams Tank- SDiT

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 10:49am PST 
The lights and water are on at the new house but we have a few busted lines to fix. And today it is down really COLD to me,its like 29 here today its supposed to be 42 tomorrow and freezing rain. I have a lot ahead of me work wise and am going to be very glad to get moved. That way I can listen to music with out having to have my radio up full blast even with my ear bud head phones in. Right now I am in the bedroom where we are staying and cant hear myself think over his mouth.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3