GO!

How does your dog use you?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 11:34am PST 
Ringo will be chewing a bone. You could tell Huck wants it cause he keeps eyeballing it and walking around Ringo. He knows how jealous Ringo is when it comes to attention so he'll come over to me for some loving even though he doesn't want it. Ringo sees this and comes running over for his share. Huck takes off, runs to the bone and that's the end of Huck until he gets tired of it. This goes on every single night. Last night I decided to ignore Huck and see what he does next to get the bone from Ringo. He grabbed Ringo's ball and started tossing it in the air, when that didn't work he grabbed the red kong that they play tug with and started running around Ringo with it in his mouth, that didn't get Ringo to give up the bone. Finally I said, "come here Huck". He got so happy and came running over to me. As soon as Ringo sees me petting and hugging Huck, he comes running over and of course Huck runs and claims the bone as though I don't exist.
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 2:21pm PST 
Mine use me to get their food and provide a very cushy environment........big laugh
[notify]
Lobo

"Stubborn" dogs- don't need- corrections

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 8:52pm PST 
Hmm... A lot of ways. laugh out loud "Free" food, attention, general care, etc...

I'm also used for playing. Lobo doesn't like to play with dogs unless they are a) Somewhere around his size, or b) Female. Watching him play a three pound female chihuahua was definitely the highlight of my day several years back. I was pretty shocked how gentle he was.

He also uses me to get things out of his fur. And to get stickers out of his paws - even though he can do it himself. But I don't mind doing any of that. In fact, I really don't like for him to do it at all because I'm worried he'll cut his tongue.

He ran through this... field(for lack of a better word) of stickers once, though, and he was just covered in them. D: Thankfully, the majority of them were just caught in his fur. He had to get the really deep ones out(he wouldn't let me pull them out), while I got the others. Teamwork! laugh out loud

I suppose he also uses me for general removal of things that are on the couch. If he looks at the couch and there's stuff on it, I move the stuff so he can jump up on it. If I'm in "his" spot, he'll watch me until I move.

I don't know, though. I can't really think of anything super creative that he uses me for. He's pretty independent when he's trying to do things on his own, so I don't think I'm really needed in that sense.
[notify]

Sita CGC- SD(mostly- retired)

When we seeing- the ponies?!

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 8:54pm PST 
My girls use me as a napkin to wipe their beards after getting a drink, I'm their scratching post, treat dispenser & personal chauffeur lol
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 10:20pm PST 
Food, of course. Ball throwing. Walks are the big one. And company. He hates being alone and is always sitting next to me, wandering from room to room and even into the toilet, lol. laugh out loud Silly doggy.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 6:28am PST 
Food Giver Person of course, tushy scratcher-long nails, I can get a whole park of dogs lined up for a good rub laugh out loud
For Sophie I'm the safe human. She's still afraid of many things both real and imaginary. She'll come by for reassurance or a warm lap until the something goes awaysnoopy
[notify]
Zoe ♥- CGC

Queen of the- Couch

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 1:02pm PST 
Food of course lol. Zoe especially when i get home from school later at night. She will stare and follow me or sit in front of me. She knows that i put canned food in her dry food or it will sit there all night as she refuses to eat it.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 9:48am PST 
I am the revolving doggie door. We refuse to put in a doggie door because there are times when we do not want Kai outside,Mika may not want to go when he does but will simply to make sure he isn't getting something she might also want,so no matter what I am in the middle of,Kai will nudge me and be very insistent until he is left outside to explore,then he will decide there is nothing out there that interests him,wait 5 minutes and do it again until I simply refuse to play the game anymore.
[notify]
Bello

Herr Bello ist- nicht ein- Mensch!

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 10:42am PST 
Bello uses me to wipe his face after dinner. He's nice like that. He also stares at me if something is in his way where he wants to get on the couch until I get the hint and move it. He's also learned that when I'm not paying attention to him and surfing the web (which is often), that if he comes and stands right next to me, I'll start rubbing him absentmindedly. He'll move back and forth so I scratch his whole back line. lol
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 11:34am PST 
Mine have a habit similar to Hucky and Ringo. They all want to sleep in the same bed. The puffy one behind the rocking chair. If any pup but Savvy is in that, she starts barking and runs to the door. They all clamor to go out and see what is going on, so I must open the door. All dash out...except for Savvy who ducks back and climbs into the cushy bed.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2