GO!

Nov. 16th report about Chinese Jerky treats

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Barney,- friend of- Lennox

Bad to the Bone

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '12 1:15pm PST 
http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2012/11/16/ chicken-jerky-treat-casualties.aspx?e_cid=20121116_PetsNL_art_1

This subject has been discussed in several forum threads but even I, dogged terrier that I am, could dig all of them up... so just posted this here for everyone
[notify]
Barney,- friend of- Lennox

Bad to the Bone

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '12 1:21pm PST 
Just want to add that I hope this gets some visibility with veterinarians, pet stores, as well as pet parents.

I am dismayed how many of the big pet stores still stock products that have been associated with pet deaths.
[notify]
Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '12 1:24pm PST 
Wow...and to think I used to love that stuff.

ICK.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 6:25am PST 
It's all here! --> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Animal-Parents-Against-Pet-Treats-and -Food-Made-in-China/235390426550583?ref=hl
[notify]
Tiara

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 4:09pm PST 
You think the goverment would do something to block things coming from China. Their cheap labor seems to be bringing to much cheap junk into our country.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 12:23pm PST 
Would you eat anything made or raised in China?
We all need to read labels. Even US firms have problems, but just imagine how chickens or any animal is raised in China.
Saying no antibiotics or no by products has nothing to do with how the animal was raised and what it was fed.
[notify]