GO!

The Toy Rottweiler

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 12:49am PST 
Okay.... I had fun making fun of the people breeding these things that apparently have NOTHING in common with Rottweilers at all(including breed heritage!).... But I didn't think they had a 'breed club', and a 'standard' and all this other crap and wanted to share with you, the sheer ridiculousness that I had found.

The one person's website did not give me ANY information at all, so... I decided to email her..

Because it was a 'form' thingy on her website, I'll sum up what I wrote. I asked about health testing, asked about pedigree(how many generations of dogs there were in the 'breed', etc and their health testing), asked about whether or not there was a 'standard' and what set them apart from 'designer mutts', etc...

Her reply:
http://www.toyrottweiler.com/ This might help answer a few more questions. Yes they have the pedigree. I just meant I am new to this. The foundation has all the records and info you are looking for. Please contact them for more info.
If interested in a puppy feel free to let me know... They are NOT just like all the other designer breeds. Thanks

Wait, wut?! (Yes, so ridiculous, I felt the need to spell what ridiculously)

So I go to the website... AND... big laugh

A Toy Rottweiler is the best choice for you if...

1) You looking for an AKC Rottweiler or German Rottweiler puppy for sale to be an inside house dog?
Wait... a regular ROTTWEILER cannot be an inside house dog? What? Did I miss the memo, here?

A Toy Rottweiler is a better choice breed to be a house pet:
- needs no special exercise, just runs around in the house
EVERY DOG, no matter breed or size, NEEDS some form of mental AND physical stimulation. Sales pitch much? GET OFF YOUR LAZY BEHIND, AND WALK THE DOG. Or get a goldfish.
- won't rearrange your furniture for you--can't bump the coffee table across the floor! Can't bump the coffee table across the floor, no, but it sure as heck can rearrange the house/furniture if it gets bored and destructive.
- will not intimidate your visitors or knock down small children
Most dogs, no matter their size, can knock down a small child if they jump on them or catch them in the right way.
- will not raise your home insurance rates
- won't noticeably pass gas--most big dogs do
Wait... WHAT?!
- won't lick your face, leaving slobber on you Uhm, hello... most dogs, regardless of size DO lick your face if you give them the chance. silenced
- needs minimal grooming, having little shedding, naturally smelling good A dog that NATURALLY smells good?! Does it smell fruity or flowery? wink
- they are healthy with no known genetic defects, hip, or joint problems Please show me PROOF of this. That would be awesome. A dog with NO genetic defects at all, or joint problems, or hip problems? Gosh. Sounds lovely, doesn't it?
- they seldom bark and will not annoy the neighbor Says who?
- non-destructive, they are not big chewers Uhm... Most BORED animals(and since it's said these guys can go without walks) will get destructive and chew. But y'know... Not everyone knows that a bored dog will find his own ways to entertain himself. shrug
- negligible issues with potential dog aggression, Toy Rottweilers don't typically bite Not typically, so is this an agreement that dogs CAN AND DO bite when provoked, and that they are still animals or is this complete ignorance and denial?

OH... and what do you know? Advertised in the side bar are... Toy Beagles, Toy Rottweilers, Toy Boxers, Toy Bulldogs and Toy Panda Dogs. silenced Oh, if you look at each of the websites, they all say 'for ten years' which tells me it's a puppy miller who started this load of crap.

There are just NO words... None. And YOU can start breeding too, just fill in their application form. wink

What a load of crap. It brings tears to my eyes to know that they're doing this to these dogs. That ANYone does this to dogs. Sad. And then MISINFORMING potential buyers to boot? Like C'MON PEOPLE!
[notify]
Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 1:14am PST 
When I saw the thread title I was expecting Carlin Pinschers, but it looks like its something different? I looked at the website FAQ and one question asks about Carlin Pinschers but the answer doesn't abswer the question at all. shrug:
How many "mini Rottweiler" "breeds" (using the term breed loosely here) do they need??shrug:

Edited by author Sat Oct 27, '12 1:16am PST

[notify]
Buster

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 4:51am PST 
shock All of those sites are atrocious. No known health defects and they won't be vicious like the big rotties. The toy panda dog site while they say they're not mini Bo Obama's are using the fact they look like him as as a selling point naughty. That's as far as I got but there's no mention of health testing or anything and there's a puppy on the panda dog site that's up for "adoption/breeding" that looks like it has hydrocephalus.
[notify]

Giuseppeino- (Peppi)

Master Squirrel- Hunter

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 2:34pm PST 
A Toy Great Dane is probably out there somewhere, too!
[notify]
Dahlia

Gone, But Not- Forgotten.

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 2:38pm PST 
I've seen those on line. They're basically a Beagle cross. naughty
[notify]
Giuseppeino- (Peppi)

Master Squirrel- Hunter

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 2:39pm PST 
miniaturedalmatians.com I cant tell if this website is real or not, but really mini dalamations?!?!
[notify]
Buster

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 3:40pm PST 
This is from the toy panda dog site it's a puppy up for
adoption/breeding dog it does not look healthy to me:
Puppy
I'll have to tell my neighbour that his huge rottie can't be a house dog and he will be vicious not the big softie that he is.

Edited by author Sat Oct 27, '12 3:42pm PST

[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 10:15pm PST 
Thank dog someone has finally bred out the farting gene. big laugh
[notify]

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '12 1:28pm PST 
I have one of the Rottiebears and they are the sweetest dogs ever! So they may not be a Rottweiler (Hard to put a Rottie brain into a chihuahua's head!)and some people do not advertise properly.(Because my guys has gas all the time and it does not smell like roses!) But they are gentle and loving. And some do really resemble a Rottweiler without the size. Some people wish they could have a Rottweiler but just do not have the space or time. These guys fill in the gap nicely.They are strong and athletic and very smart. They are loyal and protective. (They wont bite a mans arm off but they will alert you to an intruder) I have had many dogs in my lifetime and I do have to say I love this guy just as much as I loved my German Rottweiler.
I feel you are just a hatter, you do not know if they are a puppy mill or if all of them are.I know where I got my dog they are well cared for and live in there house with the breeding family. You do not know the contract that came with my dog to make sure it does not end up in a shelter.. The one site is funny at the most and some of the info is not correct but then again all dogs are different so can it ever be 100% accurate?
There are many bad things happening to all kinds of animals out there maybe people like you should concentrate on those people and maybe you will actually make a difference! Cause right now all your doing is bashing someones idea, and making it so those puppies don't get a home!(Your all concerned about dogs in shelters but you sit here and bash the puppies.... what do you think someone reading this might think?
I think it is a great idea and I love my Rottiebear!
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '12 1:37pm PST 
Guest if they didn't breed these dogs irresponsibly then there wouldn't be puppies that need homes in the first place.

Edit:
I just now looked at the site..
They look nothing like a Rott to me.

Edited by author Wed Nov 14, '12 1:40pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4