|Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 12:49am PST |
|Okay.... I had fun making fun of the people breeding these things that apparently have NOTHING in common with Rottweilers at all(including breed heritage!).... But I didn't think they had a 'breed club', and a 'standard' and all this other crap and wanted to share with you, the sheer ridiculousness that I had found.
The one person's website did not give me ANY information at all, so... I decided to email her..
Because it was a 'form' thingy on her website, I'll sum up what I wrote. I asked about health testing, asked about pedigree(how many generations of dogs there were in the 'breed', etc and their health testing), asked about whether or not there was a 'standard' and what set them apart from 'designer mutts', etc...
http://www.toyrottweiler.com/ This might help answer a few more questions. Yes they have the pedigree. I just meant I am new to this. The foundation has all the records and info you are looking for. Please contact them for more info.
If interested in a puppy feel free to let me know... They are NOT just like all the other designer breeds. Thanks
Wait, wut?! (Yes, so ridiculous, I felt the need to spell what ridiculously)
So I go to the website... AND...
A Toy Rottweiler is the best choice for you if...
1) You looking for an AKC Rottweiler or German Rottweiler puppy for sale to be an inside house dog? Wait... a regular ROTTWEILER cannot be an inside house dog? What? Did I miss the memo, here?
A Toy Rottweiler is a better choice breed to be a house pet:
- needs no special exercise, just runs around in the house EVERY DOG, no matter breed or size, NEEDS some form of mental AND physical stimulation. Sales pitch much? GET OFF YOUR LAZY BEHIND, AND WALK THE DOG. Or get a goldfish.
- won't rearrange your furniture for you--can't bump the coffee table across the floor! Can't bump the coffee table across the floor, no, but it sure as heck can rearrange the house/furniture if it gets bored and destructive.
- will not intimidate your visitors or knock down small children Most dogs, no matter their size, can knock down a small child if they jump on them or catch them in the right way.
- will not raise your home insurance rates
- won't noticeably pass gas--most big dogs do Wait... WHAT?!
- won't lick your face, leaving slobber on you Uhm, hello... most dogs, regardless of size DO lick your face if you give them the chance.
- needs minimal grooming, having little shedding, naturally smelling good A dog that NATURALLY smells good?! Does it smell fruity or flowery?
- they are healthy with no known genetic defects, hip, or joint problems Please show me PROOF of this. That would be awesome. A dog with NO genetic defects at all, or joint problems, or hip problems? Gosh. Sounds lovely, doesn't it?
- they seldom bark and will not annoy the neighbor Says who?
- non-destructive, they are not big chewers Uhm... Most BORED animals(and since it's said these guys can go without walks) will get destructive and chew. But y'know... Not everyone knows that a bored dog will find his own ways to entertain himself.
- negligible issues with potential dog aggression, Toy Rottweilers don't typically bite Not typically, so is this an agreement that dogs CAN AND DO bite when provoked, and that they are still animals or is this complete ignorance and denial?
OH... and what do you know? Advertised in the side bar are... Toy Beagles, Toy Rottweilers, Toy Boxers, Toy Bulldogs and Toy Panda Dogs. Oh, if you look at each of the websites, they all say 'for ten years' which tells me it's a puppy miller who started this load of crap.
There are just NO words... None. And YOU can start breeding too, just fill in their application form.
What a load of crap. It brings tears to my eyes to know that they're doing this to these dogs. That ANYone does this to dogs. Sad. And then MISINFORMING potential buyers to boot? Like C'MON PEOPLE!
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|