GO!

Rocky... My best friend.

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Rocky *CGC*- With the- angels.

Gone but never,- ever forgotten- xxx

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 7:45am PST 
Hi guys,

I just wanted to put a little note in here just in case I can't do it in a couple of hours...

It is currently 3:25pm (GMT) and the vet is coming to the house at 5pm to put Rocky to sleep.

I have done nothing but cry all day knowing that it is my last day with my boy.

It's beautiful outside which is rare for October in Scotland and Rocky has had an amazing week. He has eaten what he wants and in general, done whatever he has wanted to do.

I took him to the park for an hour today and he played off leash with all his doggy friends as their owners hugged me and wished me and Rocky well for our last hours together.

I can't help but think that I'm doing the wrong thing. The past couple of days he has been fine. He's playing like he used to, eating lots and in general, being the dog he used to be. It has really made me question my judgement.

But deep down, I know that the bad days out number the good and want to make the right choice. I owe him that much.

We are going to bury him on my aunt's huge property and my whole family is going to be there. I have a little gravestone that has an engraving that says, "my beloved dog. My faithful companion. Always in our heart."

The next few hours are going to be the hardest hours of my life but before it is too hard to say, I must thank every single person who took the time to spare a though for Rocky over the past few months.

Mika, Kai and Pam... I don't know how to put in to words how much you have helped me and how much of a friend you have become.

Scooter, Sarah and the Beagle gang... You truly are amazing. So much so that Rocky is going to be buried with one of the toys you sent him, his favourite, the turkey sandwich puppy

Flicka, Pam and the crew... Rocky's pebble made me cry in the nicest way. Thank you so much for adding him to your memorial. You have been a wonderful friend through all this and I can't thank you enough.

Everyone else who sent us their best wishes. Lexi and her family, Jackson Tan, Smiley Cassanova and many more that I can't think of right now.

I really don't know what else I can say right now. I only have a couple of hours left with my boy but he will always, always have a special place in my heart.

I can't imagine life without him.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 10:42am PST 
He has now gone to Rainbow Bridge...

Sleep well, old man xxx
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 11:42am PST 
hughughug I am so, so sorry hughughug
[notify]

Snowberrys- Shinning- Star HIC S

I'm a little- shit- disturber!!!

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 12:08pm PST 
hughug hug hug hug hug
[notify]
Alice

I am the Keeper

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 1:11pm PST 
he is at peace now.
dont second guess yourself. you did the right thing.
my human has sent more pieces of her heart to the bridge then she likes to think about. she knows your pain.
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 1:28pm PST 
i cried reading your post in the health forum ):
i dont think anything i can say or do will help the slightest bit, its so clear that you love rocky very dearly.
may your sorrow heal. hug
[notify]

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 3:42pm PST 
Thank you for all your kind words.

My sister and I are laying beside him now, stroking his fur for the last time and sharing our very happy memories of Rocky.

I know that one day my tears will stop and instead of crying when I think of him, I will smile... That day just seems so far away...
[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 7:37pm PST 
hughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughug|: |hughughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Dahlia

Gone, But Not- Forgotten.

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 8:53pm PST 
hug Such a hard decision to make, but necessary at times.hug

little angel Godspeed, Rocky; you've earned your wings. little angel
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 8:57pm PST 
Oh Lauren, I'm so sorry. hug This is the hardest part of loving an animal ... I'm glad his last week and last day was good and that he passed amongst these who loved him dearly at home. Stride free, beautiful boy. rainbow

The dead never really leave us, because we carry them in our hearts. hug And I know you always will.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3