GO!

What do you rotate?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Charlie &- Zelda

Love at first- sniff <3

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 7:31am PST 
I fed my dogs raw for over two years, but recently my life has become very busy and I've chosen to feed "half n' half". The dogs get meals of raw-meaty-bones and tripe during the week, and also additives like eggs over their kibble. I was extremely wary of kibble, but the convenience of it being pre-balanced is really wonderful to me right now.

I bought the dogs a bag of Orijen for adult dogs, and they loved it. However, I really want to rotate their food, add in new proteins and new formulas. What are your favorite foods to rotate in your dogs' diets?

Edited by author Thu Oct 18, '12 8:42am PST

[notify]
Isabella

Underwear Thief- & Purse snatcher

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '12 8:29pm PST 
Bella my parent's dog eats kibble she does get raw treat once in awhile.

she gets wellness core ocean, fromm pork, fromm duck or whatever I forgot the fromm she had is grain inclusive she had the fromm beef grain free too did good on it..

Still trying decide what other brand of kibble to get the pet store has some on sale so I might go check and read some labels.

She has had all the Totw kibble formula,but I'm not sure since the recall, but every kibble probably has a recall once in a while.. :

There is blue buffalo I never fed it so I dunno.
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '12 7:33pm PST 
Noah gets a rotation of:

- Various grain-free kibble - usually Solid Gold, Blue Buffalo Wilderness or whatever is on clearance at my store
- Any type of high quality canned food - we currently have a very large selection not limited to Weruva, Before Grain, Wellness and much more
- The Honest Kitchen - we have boxes of Keen, Thrive and Force
- FreshPet Vital - Noah likes it, but we're removing it from the rotation because it makes him gassy
- Commercial raw - Stella and Chewy's and a couple other brands I can't remember
- Homemade raw - whatever protein we have around, right now we have a lot of venison and duck thanks to a local hunter

I think that's about it. I like feeding as big a variety as possible. I guess the better question is what do I not feed...
[notify]

Radley

Im a lean, mean,- cuddling machine

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '12 10:07am PST 
Merrick grain free Buffalo and Pork varieties, Back to Basics Turkey, TOTW high prairie, Acana Grasslands. And for a couple weeks out of the month I feed half kibble half Stella and Chewys Dandy Lamb frozen.
[notify]
Charlie

The world is my- food bowl!

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '12 12:36pm PST 
Thanks guys, this is giving me a good idea smile. Their Orijen bag is almost empty, and I'm gonna go to the store and probably pick up either Merrick or Acana grain-free. I'd love to try Honest Kitchen one day, but I think it might be a little out of our price range.
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '12 12:39pm PST 
Yeah honest kitchen is pricey.. :

I got the big thing of it had a coupon Saya and Bella enjoys it as a snack I haven't fed a full meal of it yet though.
[notify]
Charlie

The world is my- food bowl!

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '12 2:21pm PST 
Picked up a big bag of Acana Grasslands (lamb) for them. I think we're going to stick to Acana/Orijen for now since there's a fairly good selection of protein.

The bag costs $70 and will probably last them close to 2 months with raw toppers and meals thrown in. I'm pretty happy with that price.
[notify]
Maggie

Barked: Tue Oct 23, '12 9:49am PST 
We have been eating Horizon foods. We like the Horizon Legacy, and we have had their Pulsar too, although we prefer Legacy because it has more meat and protein. It is the #1 choice of the people that run the store where I buy our dog food.
[notify]
Chocolate

Benjamin Button- of dogs

Barked: Tue Oct 23, '12 12:02pm PST 
I rotate EVO, Instinct, Wellness CORE, TOTW. Whatevers on sale, my dog has an iron stomach so he can turn on a dime as far as food goes.
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Tue Oct 23, '12 12:20pm PST 
The regulars are Earthborn, Taste of the Wild, Blue Buffalo, but they've also had Rotations, Artemis, Innova, and a mish-mosh of whatever free samples I score at various events (which has ranged from Eukaneuba to Fromm). IMO Taste of the Wild has one of the best protein source varieties under 1 brand that is also reasonably priced.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2