GO!

Farewell dear friend :(

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Izze

My ACD is- tougher then- your [breed]

Barked: Sat Feb 18, '12 11:36am PST 
last Tuesday, i took a walk with the dogs at lunch like i always do when everyone is done using the horse track ( i live/work on a race horse ranch). when i got back i put Jo into her pen & went to use the restroom, i wasnt in there more then 10 minutes, i came back out to find Izze running back to me with two deep lacerations one on her side & one on her knee. we rushed her to the vet & they x rayed her to find that the top of her pelvis has been fractured & pushed fwd about three inches. she also was having some damage to the nerves that govern her back legs & bodily functions, vet was pretty certain ( he said there was a 50% chance or above) that surgery to repair the fractures would relieve pressure on those nerves & she might be able to walk normally again & at least use the restroom by herself. i went to see her on thursday, the day before her surgery. she was different she wouldnt stop staring at me, something she ndever did (she was one of those dogs who doesnt like to look ppl in the face) there was something in her eyes that i had never seen before like she was trying to memorize my face or something. i left, not knowing it would be the last time i saw her. i didnt get a chance to get to the vet to visit her on thursday because i had to work thru lunch & the vet clinic closes at noon on thursday & on friday she was going in for surgery first thing in the morning.

at 9am i got a call saying that when they wentto get Izze to prep her forr surgery, she wwas unresponsive, turns out she had a pulmonary embolisim that ended up taking her life. it has been a shock for both of us (fiancee & I) that dog was my friend & i still cry about it when im alone (i dont in front of him bc he is still very upset over it & i dont want to distress him more)

the thing is the vet doesnt think it was a car that did it, her cuts were too precise, he think it was done by a person, i had the vet write up a report in case someone saw something done to her but so far nothing has surfaced. should i turn the information into the athorities anyway? if so which ones?
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Sun Feb 19, '12 5:38am PST 
hug

...so tragic...

hug

I am saddened for your loss...

hug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sun Feb 19, '12 6:56am PST 
So Sorry for your loss.hughughug I would certainly turn in the report so that if this type of thing happens to someone else's pup they can investigate and hopefully find the sicko doing it. One report may not be enough to start an investigation but if they are aware it happened before it may help them to stop this sensless torture of trusting animals.
[notify]

(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Sun Feb 19, '12 8:25am PST 
report it right away.
a vet knows his stuff!
and if it is done thru a person's sick doing,that person can do it again..
report it,take the vet's report and than you at least did your part.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sun Feb 19, '12 3:00pm PST 
Sorry for your losshugPlease don't take this wrong as I am speaking from a legal standpoint.
Dogs are property and cruelty to animals is criminal. Report needs to go to the police, they will direct you further.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sun Feb 19, '12 4:29pm PST 
R.I.P. Izzie hug's to your family...
[notify]
Merlin (In- loving- memory)

Isnt it- breakfast/- lunch/dinner- time yet

Barked: Mon Feb 20, '12 7:50am PST 
I am so sorry. I really feel for you. Rest in peace Izzy
[notify]
Wylie the- Wonder Dog - RIP

Carpe Praemium

Barked: Mon Feb 20, '12 1:30pm PST 
Condolences on the loss of your beautiful Izze. hug

Please do submit the report to the authorities. Send it to the police if you were in an incorporated area. If you the attack happened in an unincorporated area, contact the sheriff's department for the county. You might also consider sending it to local media outlets.
[notify]
Rookie

Barked: Mon Feb 20, '12 5:12pm PST 
You SHOULD definitly file the report! If someone has done it once they can certainly do it again!hug
[notify]
Josefina

My ACD is- tougher then- your [breed]

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '12 3:53pm PST 
I have the info, I "know" who did it but I can't prove it. She was a great dog, saved my fiancée from being stampeded by cattle one mornif when he as feeding them, one of them butted him & he fell, the range cubes went everywhere. Izze rushed in to him & drive the cattle away. She knew that day because she had such wisdom in her eye. In pics you couldn't see it but of you looked really close in her eyes, it's hard to explain but it was like she was ..... Old, like it was an oricle looking back at me.

I know that sounds crazy right?

I also pay attention to my other dog (who was in her pen which has full view of the bsrn srea where Izze came running from that day) who I'm sure saw everything or at least heard it 'reacts' to this person in a strange manner that tells me he did it. She is very wary of him & watches him when he is out & about.

What is sad is that Izze came running back to me not for help, cuz she wasnt like that, but to make sure I was ok :'( :'( that's what hurts the most
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2