GO!

Kirkland dry dog food at Costco

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Chance

Barked: Tue Jan 10, '12 11:37am PST 
I was wondering if this food is any good? I have been using Natural Balance & Taste of the Wild. Does this even compare to the quality?

http://shop.costco.com/In-The-Warehouse/Kirkland-Signatu re-Pet-Food/Adult-Dog-Chicken-Rice-Vegetable-Formula.aspx

Edited by author Tue Jan 10, '12 11:49am PST

[notify]
Lucy, CGC

if a door closes- - a window opens

Barked: Tue Jan 10, '12 4:01pm PST 
i would say yes! it does in my opinion. it's made by diamond, the same manufacturer of taste of the wild. and honestly i feel it's better quality than some of the natural balance formulas.

they also recently came out with a grain free formula called natures domain that is basically the same thing as the pacific stream taste of the wild.

it's been our go to food when money gets tight. my dogs have always done pretty well on it, and you can't beat the price.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jan 10, '12 4:41pm PST 
Not trying to promote anything, but I've found the comparisons on BestDryDogFood.ORG to be unbiased and good. They also link their findings to Amazon for user reviews and such. I also find that buying dog food (it's expensive! Let's not kid ourselves) is cheaper on amazon than on Costco. Look on the website I provided and click around.. Lots of good information and may sway you one way or the other..

Hope I could help. Tracy dog walk
[notify]

Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Tue Jan 10, '12 4:48pm PST 
I wouldn't say that Kirkland is "premium" quality like ToTW or Orijen, but they are a good quality kibble for a budget.
[notify]
Lady- (1999-2013)

Barked: Wed Jan 11, '12 10:15am PST 
Kirkland is basically about the same as Diamond Naturals. I wouldn't say it's as good as Taste of the Wild or Natural Balance. It is still about the best you can buy for its price though. It's a good option if you're on a tight budget.
[notify]
Bella

We're Just- Freezing Up Here- in SD!

Barked: Thu Jan 12, '12 5:33am PST 
Just looking at the ingredients, I would say that Kirkland is a poor quality food with little meat and lots of filler. Natural Balance is a good quality food (although with filler) and so is Taste of the Wild (althought with some poor quality ingredients).
[notify]
The Roo- Crew™- ©®

We go together- like peas &- carrots

Barked: Fri Feb 3, '12 10:36am PST 
Just went to Costco last night and I was shocked at the price hike their food took. I guess they've figured out people will pay more for dog food, so they'll charge more?

It's gone up $10 a bag here.shock
Uno

I'm huntin'- wabbits

Barked: Sat Feb 4, '12 9:05am PST 
Its better then most NB foods, but worse then Totw.
[notify]
Zoey, Shellie & Griffin

Natural & Loving- it!

Barked: Sun Feb 5, '12 6:44pm PST 
My sister feeds the Nature's Domain (also at Costco) to her show dogs and they have awesome coats, better than they were on TOTW. For the price I think Kirkland is an excellent food, I like that it has meat as the first 2 ingredients.
[notify]
Romulus

Veni vidi vici!

Barked: Sun Feb 5, '12 10:43pm PST 
Costco carries grain-free dog (and now cat) dry, but it is seafood based...

Great price though, first ingredient is a "meal" type, so comparable in quality to Canidae, CA Natural, not the highest end grain-free foods like Evo, Nature's Variety Instinct, etc which has meat as the first ingredient.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2