GO!

Peeing in the House, Part 2

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

☆Edie,- NPC☆

Play- nice!!

Barked: Sat Dec 17, '11 1:41pm PST 
Hey, pups! We really thought we had Einie housebroken! He has not peed in the house in a couple of months. In the last week to ten days he has regressed back to peeing in the dining room and the other behaviors that are undesirable. He knows he has done wrong because he runs away from us when we call him to go outside. This is so frustrating! Einie's peeing is really starting to damage our hardwood floors!
Does anyone have any idea why this would happen again? Could it be because we have decorated the house for Christmas?
He and Edie are each jealous of the attention the other one gets. Einie hangs out in my bathroom most mornings, and Edie no longer comes to visit me in the morning while I am getting, which she had done most of her life before we got Einie.
I would appreciate any ideas any of you pups have. Thanks for your kindness and support; we are at our wits' end!
[notify]
☆Edie,- NPC☆

Play- nice!!

Barked: Sun Dec 18, '11 6:18pm PST 
Anywoof out there??
confusedconfused
[notify]

Barked: Mon Dec 19, '11 5:22am PST 
Maybe you should give some time to adjust to the new things you put on your home.
[notify]

Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Mon Dec 19, '11 5:29am PST 
Hi...couple of questions that might help understand better...

1. Is Einie neutered?
2. Have you noticed him urinating more frequently? Usually when a housebroken pet starts peeing in the house it's for a couple of reasons...it could be health related. You may want to have a vet check to see if he has a urinary tract infections.
3. What are you using to clean up the pee? If this is behavioral, he may be going back to the same spot because it still has the pee smell.
[notify]
☆Edie,- NPC☆

Play- nice!!

Barked: Sat Dec 31, '11 6:47pm PST 
Thank you for posting, Scooter. I contacted Einie's Humom, who told me that Einie had never liked it when she and my brother decorated their house for Christmas, and they decorated more than we do. Add to that the fact that Einie was neutered in July at age six and has been an only dog until coming home with us the day of his neuter surgery, and it all adds up. We put him in the carrier when we are going to all be away. He has even taken to resting in there on his own from time to time. I figure this must comfort him. Now that we have begun the post-holiday teardown, it will probably take him a week or two to re-adjust, so we will plan accordingly. Thanks for all of your insight!!meditatemeditate
[notify]