GO!

E-collars for small dogs???

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
~ Ella ~

Big things come- in small- packages

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '11 4:28pm PST 
Hi everyone
Mommy was tring to find me a E-collar before I get spayed next week but she hasnt seemed to be able to find a small enough one to fit me.

Do they make small enough ones for a pup my size, I am 2 pounds.

Thank you all
Ella
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '11 4:34pm PST 
You mean an e-collar as in an Elizabethan Collar or "cone of shame" right? Not an e-collar as in a shock collar?

My vet sells cones at the clinic. I have seen people get a larger collar and then place a folded up towel under the collar to make like a donut to keep the dog from chewing her stitches. If you can't find a cone small enough, you can maybe try that...
[notify]
Paris

support the- rabid

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '11 6:46pm PST 
When Paris went in to get spayed, we requested one when she was dropped off and they just added it to the bill when we picked her up. If they don't have one in her size, they could probably be able to make one for her out of radiograph paper. However, I have seen pictures of guinea pigs with e-collars on so they do make them that small!
[notify]

~ Ella ~

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '11 8:46pm PST 
Yes a elizabethan collar thats what I meant not a electric collar for sure.

I will call the OSPCA tomorow and ask if then have them there for her size for sale. I seen one for rodents that a vet made as well,so hopefully if they dont have one small enough they can help me make her one.

But If worse comes to worse could I put a doll jumper on her, it would cover her tummy so she cant get at it?.

Sorry Just making sure I am ready for next week thats all.

Thank you both
[notify]
Elena

LOVE- EVERYONE!!!!

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '11 8:58pm PST 
Hi! You might want to check out these, they make them as small as for 3 inch necks. http://www.boobooloon.com/products/Extra-Small-Protective-Collar.htm l They seem very comfortable and not as clunky as the traditional cone. Good luck!
[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '11 11:22pm PST 
Either your vet or your local (larger) pet supply store should carry e-collars.

Your gal is so small that she would likely fit into a small cat collar. My experience has been that for the smaller collars, vet clinics have the most selection.
[notify]
Ch. Ali, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '11 1:27pm PST 
I recently had four toy poodles spayed and I used the male pee belts as a comfortable alternative to e-collars.
I just used a panti-liner pad so it wouldn't irritate the sutures and all four girls did fine with no attempts to lick.
I made the pee belts out of mens socks and velcro, so all in all it was a cheap alternative.
[notify]
Todd

Get to close and- I just might- kiss you

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '11 11:00pm PST 
When I got Todd neutered I gt him a package of onesies from Family dollar and put them n backwards so his tail could stick out where the snaps were. Worked perfectly and no cone of shame.way to go
Todd
[notify]
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '11 11:27pm PST 
My vet didn't even give us a cone when foxxy got spayed. They just told us to keep her calm for a couple of days, but they used glue on the surface, not stitches, and we had no trouble at all with her chewing at the surgery site.

I'm fairly sure that you can get a cone if you need one at the vet or at petsmart. they make them to fit ferrets, so a 2lb chi shouldn't be too much trouble
[notify]
~ Ella ~

Barked: Wed Dec 7, '11 5:26pm PST 
You guys are so great thank you all, Mommy has some ideas she can use.

One more weeks and it will be done, I hope they give me pain meds as well as I am very sensitive,bol.

Thank you all again
Ella
XOXOXOXO
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2