GO!

Super weird cross, how big will she get fully grown? Also, name ideas please!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Zoe

What a good- girl!

Barked: Wed Jun 8, '11 10:40am PST 
I am wondering just how big our new puppy is going to get! She's a cross between a purebred (regular sized) Rottweiler and a (smallish to medium sized) Pug/Cocker Spaniel cross. She is probably the biggest, least Pug-looking pup in the litter, but does that mean she'll end up being the biggest when they grow up too? (

Does anyone have a size guesstimate for her? And she needs a name other than "Puppy"! Ideas???

cheerpartyway to goblue dogdancingcloud 9
[notify]
Macy- (SERVICE- DOG)

Barked: Wed Jun 8, '11 11:27am PST 
WOW I would be intrested to see what she looks like full grown! smile
[notify]
Nix

Never Say No

Barked: Wed Jun 8, '11 11:33am PST 
Oh my gosh! I hope the Pug/Cocker Spaniel was the dad! wink

As for names.. I've been trying to think of a name for my puppy too, and found a couple good websites with lists of dog names (or even checking baby name sites for something you like the sound of!)

Here's one I just dug up.
http://petrix.com/dognames/

Edited by author Wed Jun 8, '11 11:35am PST

[notify]

Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Wed Jun 8, '11 12:26pm PST 
Actually I used to know a Rottie/Cocker Spaniel cross who was a therapy dog. She was about 50-65 pounds I think. She looked like a Rottie (color and build) except with a slightly longer muzzle, Cocker ears and a silky medium-long coat plus she was stockier/shorter legs than a Rottie.
[notify]
Zoe

What a good- girl!

Barked: Fri Jun 10, '11 9:15am PST 
Ooh, that dog sounds cute Ginger, I hope the puppy ends up something like that! She doesn't have especially long hair now, but most 8 week old pups have pretty short hair regardless of their breed, so who knows. We get to take her home tomorrow, eeeeee!

And I think we've decided on a name: Zelda! But that might change if her personality totally doesn't suit it. We'll see. big grin
[notify]