GO!

Do you bring your dog to work with you?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Paisley

Flat Coated- RetrievingAlaska- n Cattle Dog

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 6:36am PST 
Do you get to take your dog to work with you? If so what do you do?
[notify]
Harlow

st. francis of- asses

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 6:41am PST 
My first dal Sooner went to work with me every day! I loved it. When we lived in houston, I worked for an indoor obedience and agility training facility that also had a store. She spent the entire day with me greeting customers and being my demo dog in all the classes. She was a worn out pup every evening when we got home laugh out loud I loved not having to leave her all day. But I'm retired now so my pups aren't left alone for more than 2 hours.
[notify]
Leah, CGC

All the Beauty- with none of the- Brains

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 8:30am PST 
I bring Leah to work to do therapy occasionally. I work for a company that runs 24 hour houses and day programs for Adults with Developmental/Intellectual disabilities. There is an employee in the main office where my office/desk is that is severly allergic to dogs so I don't bring her here. We go to the redidential houses or day programs and she hangs in car if I stop at office.

I also bring Leah to work at the 24 hr ER/referral animal hospital when I do the overnights.
[notify]

Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 8:37am PST 
I do! I have an office job at a welding shop and Jewel's here everyday. At first I had a babygate up but now she's pretty good about staying in my office but sometimes she just HAS to know who that new voice belongs to! She's freaked out barking a couple times at strange men but everyone here's understanding about it.

We're a little ways out of town and no one's developed the land around us so Jewel gets two short off-leash walks a day. Ahhhh the rough working life. laugh out loud The guys snowplowed the yard and now Jewel has a mountain to climb and slide down - she's worn a hole in the leather of boots doing this.
[notify]
Annie, CGC

Cheese!

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 8:45am PST 
i do! i work at a small family owned pet store, so all my dogs take turns being greeters smile it's so great, i can't imagine working somewhere where i wouldn't be able tot bring them to work.
[notify]
Montecristo- (Monte)

That'll do, pig

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 11:01am PST 
I do! I'm a trainer, so my dogs frequently go to work with me for use as demo dogs in classes and orientations as well as for play groups, seminars, private lessons, etc.
[notify]
Bailey - BN, RN, CGC

Are you sure I- wwant to sleep

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 12:03pm PST 
Both go to work everyday I work at a boarding kennel and when I am at college they are at the kennel or in my bosses house they love it more then being crated at home
[notify]
Chloe

OG- Original- Goberian

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 12:06pm PST 
Not very often but I have in the past. I work at an auto body collision shop, when Chloe was a puppy I brought her to work with me almost every day for socialization. At the time we had an African Grey parrott in the office too and they had fun playing together (there's a video of them on Chloe's page!). It was pretty entertaining for me too!

Now that I have two big dogs they don't get to come anymore, it would just be too much rowdyness to have them both here and Lia has seperation anxiety so I can't seperate the dogs and take turns with them either. Its a bummer.

But when one of them has a vet visit or something I usually bring them to work afterwards because my vet is close to my job. Lia doesn't like being here all that much, she's too shy and it's too much "strange people" activity for her. Chloe is the opposite- she's a little too enthusiastic for this place- she howls in excitement at customers BOL!- most people think its funny but not everyone loves dogs of course.

I also work 2 Saturdays a month at a local pet store. It would be too much to have them both there also, so they stay home. But I bring them with to pick up my check and "visit" when I'm not working.

I wish I could bring my dogs with me everyday, but even so its nice to work at places where I know I COULD bring them if something came up. I love working for small businesses!
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 12:11pm PST 
I'm not allowed to. I work with animals so they don't want any "cootie" transfer going on. I wish I could bring Nicky to work though! He'd love hanging out in the office all day.
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 1:05pm PST 
Nope. Even at the vet's office they charge employees to bring in their pets.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3