GO!

easy ideas??

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Nate

he's our angel- :)

Barked: Tue Jul 13, '10 7:14pm PST 
i give the boys omega-3 salmon fish oil tabs & vit e tabs in their meals. i have been puncturing the tabs with a fork to drain the actual contents. often i have poked a finger or two...any ideas of how i can make things easier/safer when i do this??
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Tue Jul 13, '10 7:19pm PST 
I snip the tips with scissors.
[notify]
Maggie & Porter

We are serious- trouble

Barked: Tue Jul 13, '10 8:43pm PST 
I just feed the softgels whole - my dogs learned that by chewing they could get the tasty insides! Even my reluctant Maggie. And yes, the softgels will dissolve inside the dog...people who claim otherwise have never put a softgel into a lukewarm bowl of water (which is much cooler and less caustic than the inside of a dog).
[notify]

Nate

Barked: Tue Jul 13, '10 8:56pm PST 
i was giving them the soft gel caps whole before too but since hudson has possible kidney damage i thought i don't want his body to work any harder then it needs to in any way. i like the scissor idea...thanks!!
[notify]
Sassy

Princess and the- Pea

Barked: Tue Jul 13, '10 9:17pm PST 
I had a screw eye sitting on the counter and used it for the longest time, screwed it in. No matter how I punctured the thing I got squirted though. Oh, the middle is easier to puncture than the ends. Doh.
[notify]
Nate

Barked: Tue Jul 13, '10 9:33pm PST 
i always puncture the ends...figures...i always do things the hard wayshock
[notify]
Maggie & Porter

We are serious- trouble

Barked: Tue Jul 13, '10 10:11pm PST 
His kidneys shouldn't be working any harder with whole softgels as the gelatin melts long before they would get to that part of the body. If this were an issue I am sure I could find some sort of info online...oh well.
[notify]
♥- DarlaMae - ♥

I Am- Iron Nose- !

Barked: Wed Jul 14, '10 11:51am PST 
Try using a sanitized pin while holding it over the bowl.
I have done the same to my own fingers.smile
[notify]
♥- DarlaMae - ♥

I Am- Iron Nose- !

Barked: Wed Jul 14, '10 11:51am PST 
Try using a sanitized pin while holding it over the bowl.
I have done the same to my own fingers.smile
[notify]
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Wed Jul 14, '10 2:35pm PST 
I also feed them whole when I give that kind.

Lately we have been giving Allee and Bama the liquid wild alaskan salmon oil that I ordered from Petco. It is 32 oz and has a pump on the bottle. Bama get's 1/2 pump and Allee get's 1 pump. It's easy and seems to be working good for their coat. The 32 oz seems costly but has lasts for such a long time it's worth it.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2