GO!

Cheap dog toys

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Cosmopolitan

Cosmo- I love to give- kisses!!!!

Barked: Tue Oct 27, '09 4:07pm PST 
Does anyone have a website they go to to find good but heap dog toys for large breed dogs? if so... can you help me find some? the new puppy has DESTROYED all of our old toys, and we need more, stat! plus i was hoping to not have to break the bank since he will most likely destroy them again! thanks!
[notify]
Delilah

Jumping the- fence is the- life.

Barked: Tue Oct 27, '09 4:36pm PST 
Dog.com
Dogtoys.com

I have an idea for you. I do this for my Weimaraners.

You will need a water bottle (empty)
Rope
Treats

Take the empty water bottle and take the lid off, tie the rope around the top of the bottle where the lid goes. Do not put the lid back on (it will be a choking hazard if you leave the lid on). If you have a tree outside or something you can tie the other end of the rope onto then do that (make sure to tie it tight) Make sure to tie the rope around the lid area tight to. When you are done with all of this put about 3-4 dog treats inside the bottle (make sure the dog treats are big enough so they will not fall out of the bottle easily). Make sure the take off the plastic ring off the bottle to.

You will need:

A old sock
Dog treat or dog kibble
Rope or twine

Fill the sock with dog treats or kibble. At the top of the sock tie a knot and tie a piece of rope or twine around the sock on the top.

I have alot of cheap dog ideas, you can paw-mail me for more ideas. It would be better to e-mail me though!
[notify]
Dahlia

Gone, But Not- Forgotten.

Barked: Tue Oct 27, '09 5:50pm PST 
Go to Goodwill. They have lots of stuffed animals cheap. Just buy a bunch and you'll have an ample supply until your dog outgrows this stage.
[notify]

Chamois

Barked: Fri Oct 30, '09 10:38am PST 
plain empty plastic pop bottles, they won't last forever and then they start to go chunks can be chewed off.

Chamois like the noise and the randoms of where it goes when she chases it around.

Antlers
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Fri Oct 30, '09 8:35pm PST 
I do something similar to Delilah. My dogs love Booda Bones, so I tie one to the end of a length of bungee cord, and the other end to a tree limb. I adjust the length so the dog has to get his front paws a couple of inches off the ground in order to reach the bone. When he grabs and pulls, then lets go, it goes boinging all around....
You can get bungee cord cut to any length at a home improvement store - if you need to cut more off at home, just seal the cut end with a flame.
Booda Bones are the most durable soft toy I've found, so my dogs have them inside the house, too. They aren't particularly cheap, but they last a while.
ETA: If your pup is teething, you can soak them in water and freeze them (but don't tie the frozen ones to the tree!)

Edited by author Fri Oct 30, '09 8:42pm PST

[notify]
Ando

Shepherd Savior.

Barked: Fri Oct 30, '09 10:20pm PST 
Yard sales! Stuffed animals usually only cost a couple cents and you can stock up!
[notify]
Bianca

Graceful as a- moose

Barked: Fri Oct 30, '09 10:23pm PST 
I buy fleece remnants from the fabric store, cut them into long wide strips, and braid them into ropes for Bianca. Sometimes I tie tight knots in the rope too. She loves them and they last forever - yesterday she was playing with the one I made her at Christmas last year.

Please note these toys are for supervised use only.
[notify]
Mariya- 5-14-2003 to- 5-7-2014

Queen of the- Fireflies!

Barked: Sun Nov 1, '09 5:46pm PST 
We buy our stuff from Petedge they are the cheapest I have found!

Edited by author Sun Nov 1, '09 5:48pm PST

[notify]
Dexter

Barked: Tue Nov 3, '09 8:22pm PST 
Dex is a pro at killing toys, fast! One that has lasted is Kong Wubba. He killed puppy kong but I am going to get him a black one. He's even pulled pieces off the toys made out of tires. He likes socks, we've put treats in them, balls, etc. After "opening" them, the sock is trash. He will pull the fuzz off tennis balls. He eats baseballs, real ones, down to the core. These take a while though. When we want to let him have something stuffed, he gets toys from the dollar store. These are good for 1 day, maybe. Got him an unstuffed toy that is still intact. Another one that holds an empty water ball is good, reinforced with canvas-like material on the inside, regular stuffed animal-like on the outside...except he figured out how to un-do the velcro, and pulled it all off the edge!
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Wed Nov 4, '09 6:23am PST 
We found that it's worth it to pay a bit more for a really good toy rather than buy a bunch of cheap toys. The Petstages Orka Jack has lasted throughout the puppy stages and the JW Pets toys are also really well at lasting. Of course all the hard rubber Kongs do well too. I'd advise against anything with tennis ball fuzz.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2