GO!

Pitbull Friendly states/cities?

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Syddalee

Some things are- just meant to- be.

Barked: Thu Oct 15, '09 11:04am PST 
I want to move and of course I would bring Syddalee with me. I currently live in NC and want to move west! The reasons are purely personal. Somewhere with great outdoor life and hiking galore. Population wise I prefer 80,000 to 150,000. Somewhere I can make a decent living and enjoy life. I'm looking to relocate sometime in March 2010 or after.
I have been researching online and found contradicting reports.
As an owner of a Pitbull I am looking for a pitbull friendly state/city/county.
I have been looking to move to Oregon or Washington ideally but unsure after some google searches. I have seen that Oregon is forcefull trying to approve a state wide ban that would result in putting down the animal and huge fines. and Washington I heard was pitbull friendly but online it doesn't seem so for most of the major cities.
I would consider almost anywhere west. Basically I need a change!I don't want to move and then have to move again just to keep my pup.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

*I also have this posted under the pitbull breed*
[notify]
Nadiya KC- Dog- Advocates

Member of KC Dog- Advocates.

Barked: Thu Oct 15, '09 7:49pm PST 
You're going to have to do your homework, different cities have different ordinances, if your still not clear call the cities your considering.

I feel a good DDO should be for all states and cities, it doesn't discriminate. BSL laws just make things too confusing. Good luck to you.
[notify]
☆ Lacy

If it is mine,- it must never be- yours.

Barked: Thu Oct 15, '09 9:14pm PST 
We live in Port Orchard WA, which is on the west side of seattle across the sound. Its an hour ferry ride from Seattle or an hour and a half drive around. Here on the Kitsap pennisula there are no dog bans in my county or the surrounding cities. Actually, there are alot of Pit Bulls and Am Staffs in my city.

However Seattle and its surrounding cities on the east side of Puget Sound are gearing up for extensive BSL's, including Tacoma.
[notify]

Syddalee

Some things are- just meant to- be.

Barked: Fri Oct 16, '09 7:50am PST 
Lacy what is the job market like in that area if you don't mind me asking? Thank you for the information.
[notify]
Bandit

Life is GOOD:)

Barked: Fri Oct 16, '09 8:25am PST 
Arizona doesn't have any bans. big grin I know it is way south from where you wanted but you have a little bit of everything here just not the ocean. You have the mountains with snow, the desert, and the lakes. There are so many outdoor things to do it isn't even funny. We are big hikers and hunters and it is great here.
[notify]
Gazira - ATTS, CGC

Educate the- uneducated!

Barked: Fri Oct 16, '09 9:51am PST 
In Texas, it is prohibited to pass any type of BSL, it is a state wide law and the AR's have trie to get it removed the last two legislative sessions; thankfully we have legislators with a little bit of a head on their shoulders (though sometimes I really wonder).
[notify]
Benny!!!

Can I have that- Q-tip when- you're done?

Barked: Fri Oct 16, '09 12:28pm PST 
Los Angeles is pit friendly. But it doesn't offer much in the hiking/outdoor arena! The Bay Area is totally pit friendly too!
[notify]
Stinky

*insert fart- noise*

Barked: Sat Oct 17, '09 11:24am PST 
I know most of Cali. is bsl free. The worst I've seem in mandatory spay/neuter. Which is stupid, but I would be doing it anyway. Heck, there is no bsl in my city, and they don't even allow bars, among a few other things that are pretty strict.
[notify]
Trigger

*Blackdog*

Barked: Sat Oct 17, '09 3:38pm PST 
To my knowledge there is absolutely NO BSL anywhere in the state of MN (in fact I believe there was a bill passed banning BSL here entirely). If I remember right someone proposed to lift that ban in '08 but the people of MN spoke up and the idea was quickly taken off the table.

I don't think it's as big of an epidemic as some people think it is. The American people in general don't take too kindly to their freedoms being taken away and we are a country of dog lovers. As long as they speak up it won't continue to spread.

Edited by author Sat Oct 17, '09 3:40pm PST

[notify]
Donovan'sMajesticJet of Solace

Street sweeper!

Barked: Sun Oct 18, '09 8:12am PST 
Bandit! I agree. I lived in Az 32 years and would kill to be back there. Ideal weather for dogs that like to hike, hunt and play, and swim.
Syddalee, my brother had a home on Orcas if thats close to Lacy, the job market was bad for him and recently moved. He was a mortgage banker there.
My sister lives in Renton, close to Seattle. She and her son have not been able to find work in over 1.5 years.
The nice thing about Texas is a much lower standard of living. There is a senator in San Antonio try to overturn the BSL ban.

Edited by author Sun Oct 18, '09 8:22am PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2