GO!

Chow Chow found in Horrific Conditions. - WARNING: Graphic Images

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Wed Aug 19, '09 7:57pm PST 
This story made front page of the newspaper today. cry

"Durham Humane Society officials are calling it one of the worst cases of animal cruelty they have seen.

They are offering a $1,500 reward for information leading to the conviction of the owner of a severely neglected dog picked up by animal control officers in Clarington near Rundle Rd. and Bloor St. Sunday night.

The emaciated male chow, estimated to be about 5 years old, has filthy, matted fur that has fallen off its face, which is oozing pus and dried blood. The dog's belly is covered in open sores and its nails are so overgrown they are curling back into the pads of its feet, causing more bleeding and infection, said animal cruelty investigator Debby Houghton.

"He's in horrific condition and in a lot of pain. It's pretty bad," she said.

"We see a lot of terrible things ... I've been doing this a long time and this particular case is quite disturbing."

The dog, dubbed "Phoenix" by humane society staff, is now under the care of a veterinarian who is running tests to determine the underlying cause of the animal's many infections. It could be an immune disorder, a skin parasite or a zinc deficiency, Houghton said.

"It's something that would have started out small, but if left (untreated) would have taken many months (of neglect) for this to have happened," she said.

"We won't know for a day or two what we're looking at. It's quite grave."

Although the dog was found in a resident's back yard, there is no evidence it has been living in the wild for any period of time, she noted.

"My hunch is that the dog just got out and wandered there. Or maybe he was in a car and somebody just booted him out and drove away." cry

Chow Chow

Chow Chow 2
[notify]
Delilah

Jumping the- fence is the- life.

Barked: Sun Aug 30, '09 12:33pm PST 
Poor dog! I wish I could help save the dog! What shelter is it in?
[notify]
Jovi, NPC,- CEGE

Momma's boy and- proud of it!!!

Barked: Sun Aug 30, '09 4:20pm PST 
The poor dog...How can anyone do that cry
[notify]

Tiggles- (CGC, SILIF)- IN LOVING

Give LOVE to get- LOVE-Adopt a- Dog!

Barked: Sun Aug 30, '09 4:31pm PST 
How horrible!
Wow, poor dog. cry
[notify]
Delilah

Jumping the- fence is the- life.

Barked: Sun Aug 30, '09 4:58pm PST 
I know! How could anyone do that! She is so harmless!
[notify]
Lily

Most Adorable- Mutt- Ever♥

Barked: Sun Aug 30, '09 9:10pm PST 
how awful frown this makes me so sad!
[notify]
cANaDiAn- bOYs RIP- Boys

Canadian EH!

Barked: Fri Sep 4, '09 4:02pm PST 
http://www.humanedurham.com/phoenix%20updates.htm

for an update on the chow chow please check out this link and say some prayers for this poor pupcloud 9
[notify]
Natcho

LabraDORK

Barked: Fri Sep 4, '09 5:52pm PST 
This was on the news.
He has in operable tongue cancer so he doesn't have much longer to live.
The poor guy finally escapes and he is gonna pass.
That's just so sad.shrugconfused
[notify]
cANaDiAn- bOYs RIP- Boys

Canadian EH!

Barked: Fri Sep 11, '09 3:14pm PST 
mom read the other day, he is now happy in a new home to live out the rest of his days in peace cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9
[notify]
Peter Parker

It's good to be- the King!

Barked: Sat Sep 12, '09 8:02am PST 
Ya'll this just makes me so sad and MAD! Why do people do this to animals!!!!????? Ugh....it disgusts me that someone could just leave a dog in that condition.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2